PDA

View Full Version : 2005 M3 Bluetooth & CD changer questions

ejb_m3
06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
Hello everyone,

First post on this forum so please excuse me if I get something wrong. I've recently purchased a 2005 M3....amazing car...love it more every time I drive it. But I did have 2 questions that I was hoping the experts on this forum might be able to help me with.

1. My car came with just a single CD player, located behind my navigation screen. Are there any aftermarket 10 disc changers available that are integrated with the M3's stereo system? I was told that there is a connector in the trunk for that specifically.

2. Has anyone successfully used the Bluetooth in their M3 with a PalmOne Treo 650 phone? I was thinking of getting that phone/PDA but heard there were some compatibility issues with the two.

:) Thanks !!

AZM3
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
If you skroll down a few Forums to "phone intergrations" that was posted on 5/25. there are some good answers to your question about the "bluetooth" tech. Can't help you with the CD changer, except that I save my money on a changer and get an IPOD instead. This way it is mobil and BMW has the IPOD conversion if I'm not mistaken.

Technic
06-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Hello everyone,

First post on this forum so please excuse me if I get something wrong. I've recently purchased a 2005 M3....amazing car...love it more every time I drive it. But I did have 2 questions that I was hoping the experts on this forum might be able to help me with.

1. My car came with just a single CD player, located behind my navigation screen. Are there any aftermarket 10 disc changers available that are integrated with the M3's stereo system? I was told that there is a connector in the trunk for that specifically.

2. Has anyone successfully used the Bluetooth in their M3 with a PalmOne Treo 650 phone? I was thinking of getting that phone/PDA but heard there were some compatibility issues with the two.

:) Thanks !!

1) The Pioneer CDX-P1270 (12 CD Changer) works in your car with a BMWPILA adapter, however I would do what the post before says: get an iPod with the ice>Link adapter; the OEM adapter is not compatible with the Nav.