PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth and Nokia 6822

Kimberley
06-02-2005, 08:36 PM
I purchased a X-3 last week and while at the dealership my salesman helped me pair up my phone and it is working except my phonebook has never downloaded. It continues to say phonebook empty. I don't see my phone on the approved list Nokia 6822 although it is a bluetooth enabled phone- I have been reviewing the other posts regarding bluetooth problems- I am not opposed to purchasing another phone but wonder if anyone has had this problem. I know it takes a long time to download the numbers and I do have a lot of numbers sstored in the phone however it seems it would at least indicate that it was downloading. Anyone have any suggestions- This has been my only frustration- I do really love this car ! :)

2005 X-3 Sports Package- Silver with black interior

b-y
06-02-2005, 11:31 PM
I just checked the Nokia website and this is the footnote for the 6822's BT:
The Nokia 6822 phone is designed to meet Bluetooth Specification 1.1, SIM Access, Service Discovery, Dial-up Networking, Object Push Data, Generic Access, Generic Access Exchange, File Transfer, Headset, and Serial Port profiles. To ensure compatibility with other Bluetooth devices, check with the device manufacturer.
That is the same note as my 7610, so I think it only supports hands-free mode in the BMW. If so, you may still be able to transfer adress book items one at a time in manual mode.

There is one more catch--how did your address book entries get in the phone? I updated my 7610 via Outlook and the automatic formating with () then prevented the transfer. I had to manually remove all the ()'s.