BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E30 Reupholstery

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  bmw325driver 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has had their E30 reupholstered with leather/leatherette? I've got a 4-door 91 325iA and was thinking that I'd really like to put a leather interior into it. I've looked at kits on the internet but they just don't have the OEM look. What did it cost you to do it? Anyone have any pics they can share?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris

PS: were E30's ever available with power seats?

#2 ·
No,e30's never came with power seats,however there is a power recaro style seats from the e28 that fits the e30.

I have never done it,but got it estimated.It was around 700 dollars to repair my drivers side seat and redye everything.i already had the full leather interior.It was in my old car(85 eta).Thank god that in my current(89 325i)car,its mint full black heated leather already.

I hope I helped.
To give you an idea,check ebay for leather interiors.The non sport leather seats are very cheap,and there is usually a preety good selection in colors,styles and condition.Im talking about OEM staff.

#4 ·
Wow... that's pretty steep to have it reupholstered. I love that car... my first Bimmer but it's not worth that kind of money. the interior is in really good shape... the cloth doesn't show any wear, except the pile has gone down slightly on the driver side bolster and the car has 212,000kms. I'm not bothered about sport seats either. Are these interiors hard to install when you buy them? My car has heated seats, that's the other thing... I guess I'd have to make sure I was buying an interior with heated seats to reconnect?

Thanks for the info!

#7 ·
Thanks for the link. They look pretty good as far as not being torn or too out of shape, but compared to the seats in my car they're looking quite tired. I'll do some more searching on ebay and see if I can come up with a black set with seat heaters. Also, my car doesn't currently have a rear armrest. Is it a problem to install a set with the rear armrest?

i'll keep you posted as to what I do.

Cheers for your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.