PDA

View Full Version : iPod adapter upgrade coming????

tmulhall
06-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I just learned the hard way that the iPod adapter cannot be installed in my wife's new 2005 X5 3.0i, because it has "Premium Sound" (also won't work with Sirius, CD Changer, Nav). The hard waay means it was purchased with the vehicle-- we learned after the fact that this could not be done.
X3man noted in the X3 forum in January that he had information from BMW Munich that a new iPod adapter was forthcoming in Summer 2005. Can't get a response from X3man to email.

Does anyone know of any updated adapter coming down the pike-- I really don't want to get the Auxiliary audio adapter install just to find out months later that I could 'iPod my BMW' with the real thing. How about any other solution to using the BMW adapter with a Premium sound system? (leased car so 3rd party solutions are out).

As an aside, it is really amazing that this much heralded and advertised accessory can only be installed on bare bones vehicles, if you have virtually any electronics option you cannot "iPod your BMW". Bad PR from both BMW and Apple.