PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble linking my garage door opener on my 06 530i

dbansal
06-06-2005, 05:44 PM
hey guys,
i picked up the 06 530 about a week ago and im having trouble linking my garage door opener. Im following the instructions provided down to every letter. The opener pairs up with my honda just fine. Any ideas?

kd2789mo
06-06-2005, 07:58 PM
hey guys,
i picked up the 06 530 about a week ago and im having trouble linking my garage door opener. Im following the instructions provided down to every letter. The opener pairs up with my honda just fine. Any ideas?
Try to reset the homelink. I believe you hold-down 1 & 3 for 30 seconds to clear any/all previous settings.
Also, do you have rolling codes on your openers?

dbansal
06-06-2005, 08:54 PM
yes my codes are rolling.. I erased the codes on the car about two or three times and followed through with the instructions but its still not catching it :dunno:

kd2789mo
06-06-2005, 09:10 PM
yes my codes are rolling.. I erased the codes on the car about two or three times and followed through with the instructions but its still not catching it :dunno:
If you have rolling codes, you're doing the Homelink setup with two people, correct?
One in the vehicle, and one at the opener? In the past, I've found there is not enough time to move from the vehicle to the opener, activate the learn button on the opener, and then get back to the vehicle to set the Homelink. Most openers only give you 20-30 seconds to complete the training.

From Homelink
"proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.

5. At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the “learn” or “smart” button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the garage door opener’s manual or contact us.
6. Press and release the “learn” or “smart” button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process."
http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf?do=3

vern
06-07-2005, 05:02 AM
hey guys,
This subject has been beaten to death,do a search.If you still have problems call Homelink and they will walk you thru it step by step.
cheers
vern

dbansal
06-07-2005, 06:57 AM
If you have rolling codes, you're doing the Homelink setup with two people, correct?
One in the vehicle, and one at the opener? In the past, I've found there is not enough time to move from the vehicle to the opener, activate the learn button on the opener, and then get back to the vehicle to set the Homelink. Most openers only give you 20-30 seconds to complete the training.

Actually, i found that 30 seconds is more than enough time for me to move from my garage to my vehicle...

From Homelink
"proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.

5. At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the “learn” or “smart” button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the garage door opener’s manual or contact us.
6. Press and release the “learn” or “smart” button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process."
http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf?do=3

In my manual it says plress the learn button 3 times to complete training, i will try your method

Ågent99
06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
As KD posted, you will need to read up on your own GDO and doing the two-person method will make it easier.

jdeangelis
07-12-2005, 07:03 PM
One piece missing for me from the above instructions...be patient.

I had to hold my remote for about 1 minute to get the Homelink reciever to pick it up. Then I did the main garage door opener programming. Worked fine.

This was programming a 2006 330i to a Genie Screw Drive opener w/ intellicode.