PDA

View Full Version : Aero Kit II ?

pshire
06-07-2005, 05:54 PM
My X3 has reached my dealer and is awaiting installation of the Aero Kit. The initial report is that BMW is now providing Aero Kit II which seems to includes only 3 parts; front and rear spoiler and tail pipe trim, but does not include side trim pieces which i thought included wheel wells and that piece under the doors( not quite running boards) as on the original Aero Kit. Dealer is going to check to see if side trim and wheel wells can be painted. I will keep you updated. This better not be a bait and switch. The price quote was LESS than the original at $1795. If anyone can enlightened me - please do so.
thanks
paul

simoncpw
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
If I'm not wrong:

AeroDynamic Body kit 1 includes the side skirts & the "plain" aluminum foot board

AeroDynamic Body kit 2 excludes the sides (may be for people who whan the optional aluminum foot board that has the black anti slippery surface, like those on the brochure).

toetoe
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
pshire,
would you happen to have the part no for the kit you ordered? i was thinking of getting the aero kit (51190308423, the kind that would accomodate a trailer hitch)...do you know if this is aero kit I or II? I thought for the quote I got, side skirts were includes....cause if not, I better ask him to give me a better quote! anyway, please keep us updated.
toetoe

pshire
06-09-2005, 08:29 AM
From the dealer who got it from BMW - Aero kit I will only fit X3 produced thru 9/04. Aero kit II $1795 plus 6- 8 hours. Body shop will paint side skirts and wheel well to match. However will not guarantee paint and also those parts have a "texture". Part II consists of front and rear bumper plus tailgate trim(what is that?) and requires either Sport rear silencer system or Chrome Exhaust Trim.
Advice and any other words of experience would be appreciated especially from someone who had their black moulding (wells and skirts) painted.
thanks
paul

pshire
06-09-2005, 08:48 AM
51 190 397 825

simoncpw
06-10-2005, 08:23 AM
I just got my X3 back today with a full body kit fitted (it's a "package deal" offered by the dealer, exactly to the same one in their show room, so I'm not sure if it's the Areo I or II.. etc).

- the paint job was done before I brought the car back to the dealer; left the car on Thur morning, and got it back on Friday 17:00
- the new side skirt and wheel well are definitely NOT JUST a paint job on to the original, it has another plastic layer (painted in body color) wrapped around the original parts
- the new side skirt is bigger and looks more "muscle"
- on top of the side skirt has the "plain top" aluminium panel (without the black anti-slippery dots)
- the tailgate trim is the other panel mounted at the bottom of the tail gate, when closed, it creates a consistent height of the rear bumper and makes it look really big
- a chrome exhaust trim was added; now pointing to the left at about 30c.

This is definitely the Aero kit that includes the new skirts and wheel well.

Hope this helps.

jdeday
06-10-2005, 10:10 AM
I just got my X3 back today with a full body kit fitted (it's a "package deal" offered by the dealer, exactly to the same one in their show room, so I'm not sure if it's the Areo I or II.. etc).

- the paint job was done before I brought the car back to the dealer; left the car on Thur morning, and got it back on Friday 17:00
- the new side skirt and wheel well are definitely NOT JUST a paint job on to the original, it has another plastic layer (painted in body color) wrapped around the original parts
- on top of the side skirt has the "plain top" aluminium panel (without the black anti-slippery dots)
- the tailgate trim is the other panel mounted at the bottom of the tail gate, when closed, it creates a consistent height of the rear bumper and makes it look really big

Hope this helps.

Can you post photos of you new kit?

Thanks.

Jeff

pshire
06-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for your info - Was your X3 built by Setember '04? Supposedly only pre 010/04 X3's can take/fit the first kit. I should be able to give you all an update today when i hear from the parts mgr re: my kit II
thanks
paul

Hope this helps.

toetoe
06-10-2005, 05:25 PM
just thought I'd post here the info I got from the X3 accessories brochure...

A. Complete Aerodynamic Kit
(only for vehicles w/o PDC, headlight washer system or a trailer hitch, sport exhaust is included)
Emphasizes the striking sporty persona of your BMW X3. The front and rear aprons, side skirts and flared wheel arches accen- tuate the dynamic contours.
Part no: 5119 0307711 Price: $2,595.00

A. Aerodynamic Kit
Without Park Distance Control
Without headlight washer system
With trailer hitch - available 08/04
Part no: 5119 0 308423 Price: $2,395.0C

Without Park Distance Control With headlight washer system
Part no: 51190308424 Price $2,395.00

With Park Distance Control
With headlight washer system
Part no: 5119 0 392 249 Price: $2,39500

Part no: 5119 0 392 250 Price: $2,395.00
Only in combination with either:
Sports rear silencer (see page 10, item C) or exhaust trim (1 complete piece with dual ports) Partno:82120305009 Price: $189.00

simoncpw
06-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Thanks for your info - Was your X3 built by Setember '04? Supposedly only pre 010/04 X3's can take/fit the first kit. I should be able to give you all an update today when i hear from the parts mgr re: my kit II
thanks
paul

Per the dealer, my car was manufacturered in Feb 05. My car has Parking Distantance Control, No Headlight washer, No trailer hitch

simoncpw
06-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Is this brochure just for the X3? Do you know if there's a soft copy some where?
Thanks.

just thought I'd post here the info I got from the X3 accessories brochure...

A. Complete Aerodynamic Kit
(only for vehicles w/o PDC, headlight washer system or a trailer hitch, sport exhaust is included)
Emphasizes the striking sporty persona of your BMW X3. The front and rear aprons, side skirts and flared wheel arches accen- tuate the dynamic contours.
Part no: 5119 0307711 Price: $2,595.00

A. Aerodynamic Kit
Without Park Distance Control
Part no: 5119 0 308423 Price: $2,395.0C

Without Park Distance Control With headlight washer system
Part no: 51190308424 Price $2,395.00

With headlight washer system
Part no: 5119 0 392 249 Price: $2,39500

Part no: 5119 0 392 250 Price: $2,395.00
Only in combination with either:
Sports rear silencer (see page 10, item C) or exhaust trim (1 complete piece with dual ports) Partno:82120305009 Price: $189.00

pshire
06-10-2005, 08:36 PM
To solve the "fit" problem of Aero Kit I with X3's made after 9/04 you must add supplemental parts: Left Fender Flair # 51770393495, Right Fender Flair # 51770393496, and cut out (tailgate) # 51130302751. This will cost about $340 more. This is in accordance w/ a BMW PArts bulletin from 12/04.
I wonder if this is what the SIMON CPW from sinapore got since your car was made 2/05
thanks
paul

simoncpw
06-11-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm not sure about the supplemental parts.... the was selling the X3s with the full body kit as a "Package" included in the total price, so I didn't have to order any additional part. Everything was exactly the same as the show room car (except int and ext colors)

However, just the day before I got my car two weeks ago, the dealer called to inform a delay of one week because they didn't have all the "parts" for the Aero kit. But I decided to take the car out first for a week (with the original bumpers), and brought the car back a few days ago to fit the body kit. May be these parts are the supplement parts you mentioned?

To solve the "fit" problem of Aero Kit I with X3's made after 9/04 you must add supplemental parts: Left Fender Flair # 51770393495, Right Fender Flair # 51770393496, and cut out (tailgate) # 51130302751. This will cost about $340 more. This is in accordance w/ a BMW PArts bulletin from 12/04.
I wonder if this is what the SIMON CPW from sinapore got since your car was made 2/05
thanks
paul

toetoe
06-11-2005, 12:53 PM
yes, the info was from "x3 original bmw sav accessories" that i picked up at a dealer....i don't have a soft copy.

Is this brochure just for the X3? Do you know if there's a soft copy some where?
Thanks.