PDA

View Full Version : Fixable cig lighter/cd changer?

bauerhockey66
06-08-2005, 11:53 PM
My lighter outlet, or whatever you want to call it, doesnt seem to work. It doesnt respond to my phone car charger, or the lighter itself, i.e. it does not heat up. Is there any possible fix without involving the dealer? Or should I just let the dealership handle it? How much will THAT cost me? Also my cd changer does not work either. You can hear the discs being shuffled through, however, all you recieve is a "disc error" and will not play, and it is not the discs. Any suggestions? :dunno:

1Dreamer
06-09-2005, 01:05 AM
Also my cd changer does not work either. You can hear the discs being shuffled through, however, all you recieve is a "disc error" and will not play, and it is not the discs. Any suggestions? :dunno: I don't know about the lighter, but I had the "disk error" problem. Does your CD changer have a removable magazine? If so, they just get old and wear out (warping caused by heat, etc.) so I went to stereo store and bought a new Alpine magazine for about $20 and haven't had a problem since.

bauerhockey66
06-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes it does, Ill have to give that a try, thanks! Any one have any suggestions on the lighter problem?

rrsperry
06-13-2005, 05:32 AM
Buy a volt meter, and start checking. From the battery to the fuse, then fuse to lighter. You have checked the fuse haven't you?

bauerhockey66
06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Well the man at the dealer said the fuse was fine.... but when i checked, there wasnt even a fuse in there! Simple mistake I suppose, he could of just misread the fuse map. I havent put a fuse in yet so im not sure whats wrong.... but my guess is its the fuse. :rolleyes:

LStellar
01-31-2006, 11:56 AM
:dunno: I'm having trouble with my CD changer. I can't read the display - it's just jumbled up. The CD changer makes noise like it is changing, but it never plays. Any suggestions?

rrsperry
02-01-2006, 08:04 AM
If it turns out to be the changer, I have one in my basement, along with 2 carts.
]
As for the lighter, if the fuse is good, look in the lighter socket itself. The center
"pin" at the botton is the + the - is the outter part of the socket. I found that my lighter wasnt working, and traced it to the outside of the socket not making good contact with the lighter. If you look in the socket you will see little arrow shaped cutouts. Over time they get pushed back into the socket and don't make contact with the lighter. I used a small hook to slightly pull the arrow shaped cutouts (either 2 or 3) into the socket.

You will see what I am talking about when you look.