PDA

View Full Version : Idol IPOD - leave in car??

jshod
06-09-2005, 08:01 AM
I just recently installed the Alpine 9853 head unit with the Alpine IPOD connection. I have the IPOD in my glove box. What do you do with your IPOD when you leave your car? Do you leave it in the car? If so, do hot/cold temperatures affect it in any way? Do you take it with you each time? If heat/cold bothers the IPOD does anyone make an insulated holder?

cambie
06-09-2005, 08:09 AM
you certainly don't want to expose your ipod to any extreme temperatures. i'd say if it's 100 degrees outside and you are parked in the sun, take it with you. if it's not one of those days where it hurts to get into your car it's so hot inside, then leave it in the glove box.

my_e36
06-10-2005, 05:22 AM
I usually leave it in the glove box (I had the ipod cable run into the glove box).

The test is I put a pack of cholocate in the glove box and it still hasn't melt so far (3 month, of course I am not gonna eat that chocolate). I guess my iPod is safe.

I have the Alpine 9835 with iPod interface. Do you realise the iPod sometimes doesn't want to respond to the Alpine unit and need reset on iPod??