PDA

View Full Version : Fuel gauge malfunction...

pps-325xit
06-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Any one else experience this problem (2005 X3 3.0).

Wife was experiencing rough idle. Shut off engine, restarted, and all appeared okay. Later drove car and fuel gauge indicated more than quarter of a tank remaining (no warning light), but mileage implied tank should have been less full. Pulled into nearest gas station and took in 17.7 gallons (almost running on fumes). Car is going back to dealer next week to check the gauge and sending unit, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this. We're not trusting the gas gauge now (just relying on mileage).

Caesar
06-10-2005, 01:39 PM

Wife was experiencing rough idle. Shut off engine, restarted, and all appeared okay. Later drove car and fuel gauge indicated more than quarter of a tank remaining (no warning light), but mileage implied tank should have been less full. Pulled into nearest gas station and took in 17.7 gallons (almost running on fumes). Car is going back to dealer next week to check the gauge and sending unit, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this. We're not trusting the gas gauge now (just relying on mileage).

How much does the tank hold if you were totally out?

pps-325xit
06-10-2005, 02:03 PM
As I said, car was close to running on fumes (with no indications except mileage).

Caesar
06-10-2005, 02:14 PM
As I said, car was close to running on fumes (with no indications except mileage).

I know, but I'm curious as to what the tank actually holds. Maybe it holds more than you think? Is 17.7 what the manuals say?-

BMWNA
06-13-2005, 01:18 PM

Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about this problem with your X3. If you want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200516400717 so that we can help you more efficiently.

pps-325xit
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Apparently there are two separate fuel tanks and sensors. Sensor on the left hand side had failed. Sensor is apparently located under rear seat per repair invoice.

tromar1
06-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about this problem with your X3. If you want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200516400717 so that we can help you more efficiently.
Wow! I've actually heard that the board was monitored, but I am now a true believer. Hey Vatkens...what's up?

* How do you decide which post to interject the BMW perspective?

* If i'm not mistaken, BMW NA can't really do anything, except tell owners to contact the dealership. I should know...I won a lawsuit against your org. 2 yrs ago. Your attorney was incompetent, but that's not why you lost...

* You have not interjected on the X3 noise issue...(or maybe you have) If you haven't, what's the deal? Is there a Ref# for that? I actually took mine back to the dealership after complaining about excessive wind noise (with all windows closed). They noted that there was a fix, yada yada yada...However, my little beauty still sounds like a convertible.

* So...what's the deal with the hook-up? I need some 20" Rims...but my wife won't let me because I pimped the ride already...wuz up??? Or, are you just a customer service rep that uses the same stock reply and don't have any connections?