PDA

View Full Version : Sport Drive engine wine at 2500 - 3000 RPM in 4th gear

fill007
06-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Hello,

When driving in SD mode in fifth gear, I would gas the pedal to pass. The engine drops the gear to fourth and the rpm is at 2500, when the needle reaches 2750 to 3000 rpm, a whine occurs, like an old cars engines gassing, passing 3000 RPM the noise become back to the normal BMW acceleration sound.

I can duplicate this sometimes in normal driving.

Anyone know if this is normal? It kind of annoying.

Thanks

Caesar
06-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Hello,

When driving in SD mode in fifth gear, I would gas the pedal to pass. The engine drops the gear to fourth and the rpm is at 2500, when the needle reaches 2750 to 3000 rpm, a wine occurs, like an old cars engines gassing, passing 3000 RPM the noise become back to the normal BMW acceleration sound.

Anyone know if this is normal? It kind of annoying.

Thanks

Well wine (as in red or white) would certainly be abnormal.

I assume you mean "whine".

carlos
06-14-2005, 11:00 AM
i've got the same whine- it comes from the left front area of the car. its extremely annoying and i plan on having my dealer look at it.

has anyone else had this issue?

tromar1
06-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Well wine (as in red or white) would certainly be abnormal.

I assume you mean "whine".
Wuz it neccesaree to correct someone's spellin'? I assumed a response should be about the question asked...correct me if i'm mistaken.

By the way, is your radio working now? Did you ever find out why it would FF or RR only to the beginning of the audio track?

Caesar
06-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Wuz it neccesaree to correct someone's spellin'? I assumed a response should be about the question asked...correct me if i'm mistaken.

By the way, is your radio working now? Did you ever find out why it would FF or RR only to the beginning of the audio track?

For a 2005 X3, I think that's how it works. It won't rewind past the beginning of a track (I think it can FF through into the next though). 2004s may work differently.

tromar1
06-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I think I heard that also. The 05 also has MP3 capabilities. I wished my 04 could play MP3. However, it's a mute point now considering I took it out and replaced it with a head unit that is exponentially better.

I don't know if I would do it again, though. I still haven't changed the radio in my 2000 323. But i'm thinking about it. Good luck.