PDA

View Full Version : Sirius reciver stuck at ACQUIRING

cmccart
06-13-2005, 06:03 PM
I recently installed the BMW OEM Sirius receiver (with single antenna - BMW part 65 12 0 398 140) into my 2001 330. I have replaced the HU with one from an '03 model. (manufactured 08/03 SW 40 HW 41)

The head unit recognizes the Sirius module but gets stuck at ACQUIRING - I have tried it in an open parking lot, driving, etc - it never gets a signal.

i am using a TERK SIR-MINI antenna and have replaced it twice. i have the antenna mounted on the trunk to eliminate any blocked signals.

i also have to AUX port hooked up - it is running fine with no problems.

has anyone else run into this issue? is there any incompatibility here that i am missing?

everything seems straight forward - my only thought it that i have a non-working Sirius receiver as i have all but eliminated everything else.

thanks for any thoughts.

gwells67
06-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Just a guess, but my GF's aftermarket serius system had this problem...it was an issue with the antenna connector going into the tuner. That's where i would start.

cmccart
06-14-2005, 11:40 AM
i think you are on the right track here. how did you fix it or did you just replace it? i was able to get a new tuner over nighted to me and it is sitting at home right now so i'll be able to swap them tonight.

i really hope it is as simple as that.

thanks...