PDA

View Full Version : Tv tuner for navigation system

bimmerireland
06-14-2005, 07:22 AM
On the bmw navagation system there is a AV channel on the tv tuner, I was wondering how do i use this,

Is there 3 rca plugs to plug in my dvd player, or do i have to purchase a av input lead that plugs into the tv tuner, And if so where can i buy one of these online

Thanks

Terry Kennedy
06-14-2005, 10:40 AM
On the bmw navagation system there is a AV channel on the tv tuner, I was wondering how do i use this,

Is there 3 rca plugs to plug in my dvd player, or do i have to purchase a av input lead that plugs into the tv tuner, And if so where can i buy one of these onlineI don't know if there is an official BMW part (even if there is, we don't get TV tuners here in the US, so it won't show up in our parts catalogs).

The audio input for the AV function is mono only. Pinouts can be found at the bottom of this page (http://www.bimmernav.com/page8.html). Here in the US, there are a number of companies that sell the modified wiring harness, and some of them also have a device that allows for stereo audio input (usually by selecting the AUX input for audio and the TV tuner for video).