PDA

View Full Version : OEM Sirius...Plug & Play in an '04?

PharmBoy
06-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a 2004 330Ci ZHP and would like to install the factory Sirius reciever. My question is, what else is involved besides installing/mounting the antenna and pluging in the receiver in the trunk? Will my radio immediately recognize the satellite radio? FWIW, I have the HK sound and no nav.

Thanks!
-M

SRFast
06-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just picked up a 2004 330Ci ZHP and would like to install the factory Sirius reciever. My question is, what else is involved besides installing/mounting the antenna and pluging in the receiver in the trunk? Will my radio immediately recognize the satellite radio? FWIW, I have the HK sound and no nav.

Thanks!
-M

It is a PnP install only if your car has the "Sat Radio Prep" option. I don't think the Sirius system can be installed without it.

Regards....JL

PharmBoy
06-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Hmmmm.... Not sure if the car is Sat Radio prepped or not. I know it has the "badges" on the underside of the trunk for the alarm, phone, and cd changer. If the prep is required, then how do owners of '01 and '02 's have the OEM sirius in their cars?

SRFast
06-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Hmmmm.... Not sure if the car is Sat Radio prepped or not. I know it has the "badges" on the underside of the trunk for the alarm, phone, and cd changer. If the prep is required, then how do owners of '01 and '02 's have the OEM sirius in their cars?

To the best of my knowledge, BMW changed the way the add on audio components are connected to the HU beginning in 2004. MY 2003 was the first year Sirius was offered & supported and the Sirius receiver plugged into the CD changer prewiring. In 2004, the factory SAT radio prep ($75) was offered. I would call the parts dept. at Circle BMW to get a the details. They will probably ask for your VIN so they can be specific on what your options are.

Hope this helps...JL

njbimmerman
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Anybody know if and when BMW will make XM Sat radio available?
I've read that at some point, eventually all sat radios will be both XM and Sirius compatible. When?
My wife has XM in her TL and it would be cheaper to get an add-on to her account than a new subscription.

Technic
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM

No "Sat Prep" is required for the 03-on E46's Sirius tuner installation (a 03-on radio can be installed in models 02 and below for the Sirius tuner to work), just follow these intructions: http://www.bmwmotorsports.org/pdf/sirius_install_instructions.pdf :thumbup:

PharmBoy
06-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Sweet! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! :thumbup: