PDA

View Full Version : My Mystic Beauty is Here!!!

Rob V
06-15-2005, 01:41 PM
OMG!!! The 9 week wait was BRUTAL but she's finally here. I picked up my X3 yesterday and I can safely say that every reservation, doubt and concern that I had about it are completely gone! What an amazing machine. I would have posted pictures yesterday but I've been too busy showing it off :D . Anyway, I am attaching some pictures I took of yesterday. I spent most of the day today prepping the pictures so I hope you enjoy them. Not all of them are X3 specific but I did take them all on my X3 yesterday. Enjoy!

Rob V
06-15-2005, 01:44 PM
....a few more pics. I noticed that the Xenon lights emit the word "xenon" inside the headlight backwards so I flipped it so that it's readable (is that a real word?).

stangmatt66
06-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Amazing pics! Congrats!

saloveku
06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Congratulations and best wishes. Enjoy!

echelon153
06-15-2005, 03:12 PM
:thumbup: Nice Ride! Nice Pics, what camera did you use? Keeping the LR?

Rob V
06-15-2005, 03:14 PM
:thumbup: Nice Ride! Nice Pics, what camera did you use? Keeping the LR?

Thanks! I have a Canon EOS-20D for my camera and no, I won't be keeping the LR. The lease on the LR is up very soon, which is why I got the X3.

xspeedy
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks! I have a Canon EOS-20D for my camera and no, I won't be keeping the LR. The lease on the LR is up very soon, which is why I got the X3.

What lens are you using?

Rob V
06-15-2005, 03:57 PM
I used pretty much everything in my bag for those pics.

18-55 "Kit"
50mm 1.8
100mm 2.8

The only lens I didn't use was the 28-135mm IS.

joeydosh
06-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Very impressive pics. Great looking X3.
Nice Doxie's too. They are adorable!

JG
06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
OMG!!! The 9 week wait was BRUTAL but she's finally here. I picked up my X3 yesterday and I can safely say that every reservation, doubt and concern that I had about it are completely gone! What an amazing machine. I would have posted pictures yesterday but I've been too busy showing it off :D . Anyway, I am attaching some pictures I took of yesterday. I spent most of the day today prepping the pictures so I hope you enjoy them. Not all of them are X3 specific but I did take them all on my X3 yesterday. Enjoy!

The pictures are great - but more important - how do you like driving it?

Rob V
06-15-2005, 07:39 PM
The pictures are great - but more important - how do you like driving it?

Are you kidding me!? Is there anything better than driving it!? :thumbup: I've only got 80 miles so far so I haven't even had any real fun with it and it's still amazing. It's amazing how much more responsive it is than the Freelander I drove for the past 3 years.

AlanLX3
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Nice choices - both the car and the camera. My wife and I just took delivery on a new X3 about 2 weeks ago after waiting almost 8 weeks as well. We ordered a Mystic Blue X3 2.5 with a manual tranny, black leather, light birch wood trim, premium sound/Sat radio/CD Changer and Xenons/fogs. We promptly took it out to the Pacific Coast for a break in trip where I got lots of time to take pictures (not of the car) with my own Canon 20D. A very nice vehicle for road trips.....

Congrats!

Woody
06-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Rob,

Congratulations!! Great pics too! Can you come over to my house & take pics for me?? It'll give you an excuse to break in the X3!! :rofl:

We too had a Freelander before the X3. My wife had the 4 door & I had the SE3 conv. Yes, it is a night & day difference-can't really put the the two (X3 & Free) in the same category. I do miss having the top off in the SE3 :cry: . I don't miss having to take corners slow or feeling like I am going to tip over :thumbup: !

Oh, and yes "Xenon" is a word. It is the brand/type of headlights you have. If you don't like that word showing I will trade you my regular lights :eeps: . Just kidding.

Rob V
06-16-2005, 07:37 AM
HAHA, actually I meant if "readable" was a real word. Up until that point I don't think I had ever typed that word. Turns out it's a real word, not just American slang. I know....I'm clueless. Anyway, speaking of Xenon, I heard that the lights do a little self-adjusting "dance" when the car is started but I haven't seen this yet. They do turn around the corners when they are supposed to but I haven't seen them self-adjust. Strange.

jdeday
06-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Rob,

Congratulations, I love the color (see below) :)! And nice pictures are you a professional photographer?

What interior color did you choose?

Jeff

Veinard
06-16-2005, 07:26 PM
HAHA, actually I meant if "readable" was a real word. Up until that point I don't think I had ever typed that word. Turns out it's a real word, not just American slang. I know....I'm clueless. Anyway, speaking of Xenon, I heard that the lights do a little self-adjusting "dance" when the car is started but I haven't seen this yet. They do turn around the corners when they are supposed to but I haven't seen them self-adjust. Strange.

The element xenon is a gas used in lamps that produce intense, extremely short flashes of light, such as stroboscopes and lights for high-speed photography. When a charge of electricity is passed through the gas at low pressure, it emits a flash of bluish-white light; at higher pressures white light resembling daylight is emitted. Xenon flash lamps are used to activate ruby lasers. :google:

tromar1
06-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Love your choice of color...It's a beautful SAV. Now that the wait is over, you'll love it even more.

Great pics...

Rob V
06-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Rob,

Congratulations, I love the color (see below) :)! And nice pictures are you a professional photographer?

What interior color did you choose?

Jeff

Yeah, I'm happy with the Mystic Blue. You might recall a while back that I asked about the Mystic Blue because I ordered it without ever seeing one in the flesh but now I'm glad I did. Thank you for the compliment on the photography. No, I'm not a professional......yet. I'm actually in the process of starting up a business.

Liverman
06-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Rob,

Congrats on the new ride. It is a beautiful car in a beautiful color. It works particularly well here in Colorado with the blue sky we enjoy so much of.

Good to see you are a pBaser - I've been spending most of my time of late taking pictures of my son's sports teams! But I do have a few pictures (http://www.pbase.com/liverman) of the other side of the mountain for you.

"Xenon" is the name of the 54th element in the periodic table. It is a noble or inert gas - so named because it was once thought not to combine with anything else. In fact it combines with few other elements, so "inert" is not far from right. Other noble gases are: Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar), Krypton (Kr) and Radon (Rn). All these noble gases, except radon, are used individually or in combination in both commercial and research lasers. And, of course, in numerous more common lighting sources. Like headlamp bulbs... :)

Radon you will recognize as the gas we test our homes for - it is a decay component of radioative radium (discovered by Curie, occurring naturally in the earth's crust and used, before people knew better, to make glowing watch dials).

Oh, did I tell you - Beautiful car!

Greg

Rob V
06-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Rob,

........"Xenon" is the name of the 54th element in the periodic table. It is a noble or inert gas - so named because it was once thought not to combine with anything else. In fact it combines with few other elements, so "inert" is not far from right. Other noble gases are: Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar), Krypton (Kr) and Radon (Rn). All these noble gases, except radon, are used individually or in combination in both commercial and research lasers. And, of course, in numerous more common lighting sources. Like headlamp bulbs... :)

Radon you will recognize as the gas we test our homes for - it is a decay component of radioative radium (discovered by Curie, occurring naturally in the earth's crust and used, before people knew better, to make glowing watch dials).

Greg

.....show off :rolleyes:

LOL! Just kidding. Thanks for the info. :thumbup: We may both live in Colorado but based on your pictures you live in a MUCH more beautiful part of the state. Very nice!

tromar1
06-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Rob,

Congrats on the new ride. It is a beautiful car in a beautiful color. It works particularly well here in Colorado with the blue sky we enjoy so much of.

Good to see you are a pBaser - I've been spending most of my time of late taking pictures of my son's sports teams! But I do have a few pictures (http://www.pbase.com/liverman) of the other side of the mountain for you.

"Xenon" is the name of the 54th element in the periodic table. It is a noble or inert gas - so named because it was once thought not to combine with anything else. In fact it combines with few other elements, so "inert" is not far from right. Other noble gases are: Helium (He), Neon (Ne), Argon (Ar), Krypton (Kr) and Radon (Rn). All these noble gases, except radon, are used individually or in combination in both commercial and research lasers. And, of course, in numerous more common lighting sources. Like headlamp bulbs... :)

Greg
Wow...I knew i should've paid attention in chemistry class.

Cubi
06-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Congratulation !! and Driving for the good health :-)

I love my X3 too. Black in Black 05 3.0i

Liverman
06-20-2005, 08:23 AM
.....show off :rolleyes:

LOL! Just kidding. Thanks for the info. :thumbup: We may both live in Colorado but based on your pictures you live in a MUCH more beautiful part of the state. Very nice!
First time in 25 years that I really used that chemistry degree...kinda ran away with it...sorry:D

Greg

jdeday
06-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I'm happy with the Mystic Blue. You might recall a while back that I asked about the Mystic Blue because I ordered it without ever seeing one in the flesh but now I'm glad I did.

Rob,

I do recall, did you opt for the beige interior?

Jeff

Rob V
06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Rob,

I do recall, did you opt for the beige interior?

Jeff

Nah, I decided on the black sensatec. I never did get the chance to check out the beige interior before I bought it. There was one in the showroom the day I picked up my X3 and I thought it made a huge difference in the overall feel of the cabin. Very "Airy". But my Land Rover had beige leather seats and, although I liked the look, they got dirty quick. Since the X3 has beige plastics as well I didn't think I would be too happy in the long run but that's just me. I'm much happier with the black sensatec than I thought I would be. It doesn't get as hot as the leather did and I don't worry about damaging it as much as I did with leather. Overall a good choice.