PDA

View Full Version : Snap-in adapter and charging

bscarlett
06-16-2005, 02:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone was able to get their phone to continue charging while in the snap-in adapter after you turn the ignition off? I recently installed the bluetooth kit and this is my only complaint with it and my V635. Many Thanks.

Alex Baumann
06-16-2005, 02:40 PM
It will automatically shut off after 12 minutes (after turning the ignition off), in order to prevent the battery from discharging.

bscarlett
06-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Mine stops charging immediatley. However if I use the cigarette charger, it will charge until the battery is fully charged on the phone.

SRFast
06-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Mine stops charging immediatley. However if I use the cigarette charger, it will charge until the battery is fully charged on the phone.

Check the "Car Settings" of your phone (Settitngs-->Car Settings). The "Charger Time" may be set to "0". This setting does not affect the cigarette lighter charger because it is not considered a car kit connection.

Hope this helps...JL

bscarlett
06-17-2005, 06:29 AM
I did check that and it does not make a difference. The phone still stops charging as soon as I turn the ignition off.

SRFast
06-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I did check that and it does not make a difference. The phone still stops charging as soon as I turn the ignition off.

It appears the power for the snap-in cradle is "switched" and is only energized when the ignition key is in the "on" posiiton. The rechargeable flashlight receptacle in the glovebox is wired this way. The cigarette lighter socket is always energized, BUT may be wired to the "sleep" function. My friend uses the snap-in cradle with a Moto V600 and I will confirm this with him.

Regards....JL

scharebear
09-02-2005, 08:33 AM
The cigarette lighter power stays on in my 2003 540, can it be changed to "sleep" function or switched by ignition?

JSpira
09-02-2005, 11:14 AM
It appears the power for the snap-in cradle is "switched" and is only energized when the ignition key is in the "on" posiiton. The rechargeable flashlight receptacle in the glovebox is wired this way. The cigarette lighter socket is always energized, BUT may be wired to the "sleep" function. My friend uses the snap-in cradle with a Moto V600 and I will confirm this with him.

Regards....JL

Yes, I believe it is switched to avoid battery drain.