PDA

View Full Version : BMW Stock CD Changer and Tweeters

davewmarkert
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Does anyone know if it would be possible to move the factory CD changer from the trunk to anywhere in the car. I hate it there. also i have a 98 E36 and it has the premium audio system or w/e by harmon kardon. 10 speakers in all i think. i was wondering if it would be possible to replace the tweeters in the doors and how hard it would be to do so. They blew a while back and i hate listening to music with the Fade all the way in the back so the front tweeters dont crackle. thanks

tromar1
06-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I use to have a 98 318i with the premium audio system (HK). I replaced the head uint and had a 6 disc cd changer installed;albeit, in the trunk. Considering your cd changer is factory, you may need to reroute the stock wires to where ever you want to place the cd changer. Remember the connections on cd changer and the wires are not universal.

The only other place a cd changer could possilbly go is under a seat. If you have auto seats, that may present a problem. I didn't have auto seats and the installers still choose the trunk...

replacing a tweeter isn't going to be hard if you're having it professionally done. I don't know how to DIY so I couldn't tell you how.