PDA

View Full Version : hooking up RAZR with 325i

autumnwalker
06-17-2005, 04:37 PM
I hope I'm doing it right, I put my phone on "Fine Me" and it shows the bluetooth light flashing on the top of the screen, I put push the phone button and it tells me "please activtate phone. It just sits there and doesnt find my RAZR. Am i doing something wrong?

equipto76
06-17-2005, 05:34 PM
I hope I'm doing it right, I put my phone on "Fine Me" and it shows the bluetooth light flashing on the top of the screen, I put push the phone button and it tells me "please activtate phone. It just sits there and doesnt find my RAZR. Am i doing something wrong?

You need to go through the pairing procedure with both the phone and the car. Check your manual. It will walk you through it.

autumnwalker
06-17-2005, 05:37 PM
OK thx, I didnt get this manual with my car, Im stopping by the dealership today anyways so I can hopefully get this manual.

equipto76
06-17-2005, 06:00 PM
I just scanned through my owner's manual and it looks like the procedure might not be in there. It's actually pretty straight-forward. From memory (I'm waiting on re-delivery after European Delivery right now) it's an entry in the i-Menu (push the controller down) then it's in settings -> bluetooth -> add new device or something. You need to do that on the car at the same time as you do "find me" on your phone.

Even better. Make your dealer do it for you when you go by the dealership. They should be happy to do it for free and it should only take about 5 minutes. The Bluetooth radio in your car was made by Motorola just like your RAZR so they should work perfectly together once you get them paired.

Terry Kennedy
06-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I hope I'm doing it right, I put my phone on "Fine Me" and it shows the bluetooth light flashing on the top of the screen, I put push the phone button and it tells me "please activtate phone. It just sits there and doesnt find my RAZR. Am i doing something wrong?Yup. You need to have the phone look for the car, not vice versa. Go to Setings / Connection / Bluetooth Link / Handsfree / [Look for Devices].

LittleJohnny
06-18-2005, 07:01 PM
On the Nav screen showing the four options, hit the menu button so that you go into the Settings menu. Select communications settings (first thumbnail). You will need to go to Bluetooth, Phone submenu and you should see the text "Bluetooth connectable in this menu". (second thumbnail)

On your phone, follow Kennedy's steps. ( Settings -> Connection -> Bluetooth -> Handsfree -> Look for device. )
It should find one device - BMWxxxxx.

You will now begin the pairing process. You will be asked on your car to enter your passkey. Enter any value you want, but you will have to enter the same code on your phone. For instance, enter 1234.

You will see your phone listed on the screen like in my screen shot. (Yes, my phone is Motorola V3).

After your phone is listed, go back out to the main nav menu on the car. You should be able to send/receive calls. You can use the voice commands instead of iDrive to make your calls.

autumnwalker
06-20-2005, 09:32 AM
thanks very much, it worked perfectly for me.