PDA

View Full Version : My first car will be a 96' m3

camiloteram
06-18-2005, 05:31 PM
:)
but i'll say it now im not spoiled just very very lucky.
I basicly gave up my social life during this whole past month searching for a car, I wouldnt settle for less than a bmw and i kept looking, up to a week ago my only real choises where a 318is coupe auto, or a 318 manual, both with 150k miles. I test drove the manual yesterday and i gota say im a bit shaky on my stick skills but i learned on a stick so i should be fine for my m3.
so how i got to an m3? well my budget is really limited and i can only afford like $6000. luck has it I met this guy who lives in Italy and moves back and forth to the us. he bought his m3 here but when he decided to move back to italy it would cost him too much to drive his m3 in italy due to registration reasons. now I dont think there is anyone more skeptic then me but i gota tell you the story really seems to be true, and we are doing this the most secure way so i dont get raped during the deal and i have some time to drive the car when it gets here to the US in 6 days. all and all the car was sold for 5200 usd.
now about the car:
an M3 from 1996 in excellent
shape, 100,500 miles, black color,Electric Memory
Seats Plus Centre Armrest,
Bluetooth, 6 Disc CD, Tracker, Auto Air Con, Electric
Memory Seats, Wind Deflector, Rear Park Assist,LED
rear lights, Folding Mirrors, oh and dont forget the indash dvd player.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/camiloteram/m5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/camiloteram/m4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/camiloteram/m9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/camiloteram/m8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/camiloteram/m2.jpg

if after all the bull**** this turns out to be true, this shall be a true fairy tale

ps: I'll prob not be able to afford too much of the maintness so I'll be turning to you guys for help in the coming months.

Jon Shafer
06-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Hope that it comes through for you. Good luck!!

bol
06-18-2005, 06:16 PM
I bought a brand new 330Ci when I was 17 as my first car(dot com money) and I was a bit of an idiot with it. Just don't do anything stupid! I'm 21 now and somewhat regret buying that much of a car for a first car but I had fun.

camiloteram
06-18-2005, 06:27 PM
yeah...I'm a good driver now but i only got an automatic rav4.
tell you what, i wont shift it past the 4th gear.

bol
06-18-2005, 06:31 PM
it's more about not pretending that you're an F1 driver or trying to drift when you don't know what you're doing

camiloteram
06-18-2005, 06:38 PM
yeah, for the past 5 years i havent had medical insurance, i try not to do anything stupid at all times. what happened to you poor 330 ?

bol
06-18-2005, 07:42 PM
what happened to you poor 330 ?

what didn't happen would be more appropriate, haha

a few accidents, a lot of speeding tickets and a bad mindset would summarize it. i'll be paying for those mistakes for a few more years to come

Ty Vil
06-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I hope you realize you're getting major scammed.

Bruce
06-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Let me guess...the car is being shipped from from Italy for free?

Kiss your money good bye...sorry.

Oh yeah...I would buy medical insurance before I would buy a car....I work in the medical field and see people without medical insurance all the time- NOT a good or smart idea.

MRoadster520
06-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Biggest scam in the world...please tell me you haven't sent any money yet with Western Union or something like that. DO NOT MOVE ANY OF YOUR MONEY...SCAM SCAM SCAM

Pinecone
06-21-2005, 04:05 AM
Or this guy is a scammer and going to post glowing reports of how it worked out well and he got a great car for $6K, so that others will take that chance. :)

AIC CEO
06-25-2005, 01:53 AM
[B]DUDE

Its a well know Scam. I am a Powerseller on eBay, and hear of all the scams being used and tried. When I sold one of my cars, there was a scam where they send you a fake cashier check more then the car is worth and then ask you to western union the difference back to them. The money you refunded them is their profit and then you find the check is a fake.

In your case its, I'll ship the car, but I need 1/2 first then 1/2 when the car gets there. What happens is he tells you he needs a little more and more. Bottom line. Its a wide known scam. Proably orginating from Africa in a town called Nigeria.

Pinecone
06-25-2005, 03:36 AM
Nigeria is a COUNTRY. :)

thrillhill
06-25-2005, 07:33 AM
why is someone posting pictures of my wifes car on the internet???

AIC CEO
06-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Nigeria is a COUNTRY. :)
Yeah thats what i meant. 3AM makes me type like a drunk. oh wait. i might have been... where am i?

Alex Baumann
06-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Umm, I have heard this story before, but can't remember where, I'll have to check it.

It's a scam.

AIC CEO
06-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Umm, I have heard this story before, but can't remember where, I'll have to check it.

It's a scam.
GO TO GOOGLE.COM Type in CAR SCAM NIGERIA.

jpfrog80
07-03-2005, 11:16 PM
So what happened with the Italian M3?

camiloteram
07-04-2005, 01:13 PM
uhuh scam, you guys guess it, i found out after I checked the guys ip and it says its from sunnyvale, ca.

I sent him a nice picture of his town and the # of the fbi agency I'm calling.

sucks for him now, ill keep you guys update to what the fbi says.

but i did find a nice 95' 325i I'll see if i can get that one with out being scamed. :cry:

at least i caught the guy before i spent my moneys

SoloII///M
07-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Probably better this way anyhow. I don't think an M3 is a good first car.

gunslinger1976
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Hello mate

Are your seats OEM E36 seats of have you retrofitted teh E46 seats? I've got a 1999 M3 convertible with electric seats but no memory and looking to see if it's possible.

Hope you can help!

Thanks

Nick

thilton59
04-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Awhile ago was I was hell bent on selling the M3 and getting another old Porsche, I put it up on Autotrader and a few other internet places. I got offers from Dublin, South Africa, Nigeria, and London. All of them saying that they were a firm buying the car for a client. All had yahoo email accounts as well, if they say they are a major and reputable firm and they are using a genaric yahoo account... So after taking one guy fairly seriously, he winds up asking me to pay a fee for the money transfer and he would add it to the total he was sending. Thats when I starting calling his bluff. I asked for him to do it and just send the amount less the service charge. He got pissed, said he was in a pinch and that it had to work out this way and that his client has very upset( oh and BTW, I wasn't allowed to talk to his client) I told in no uncertain terms to FOD, and hopefully he did just that. But then again, there are plenty of suckers out there who get there 15 minutes when 20/20 interviews them about how they last 50K trying to make 100 bucks... The sucker market is a good one.
And an M3 for a first car...bad idea it would have been. But just remember, "Speeding doesn't kill, the laws of physics do."