PDA

View Full Version : Static noise with Dension Icelink Plus?

loko-moko
06-19-2005, 07:19 PM
I just finished installing my Icelink Plus into my 330CI.

I noticed I am getting static noise with my iPod - not much but it is definitely noticeable.

I plugged in headphones to make sure the iPod wasn't producing it.

Is this common with the Icelink? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

LDV330i
06-19-2005, 09:53 PM
The search function is a wonderful tool.

It would have directed you to this post (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1225647&postcount=38)with an answer.

Scotes
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Not to revive a dead thread but I've got a similar problem that has developed with my IceLink and the issue is not the wiring in the connector as noted by LDV3301's link.

Every once in a while I get this scratchy, static like electrical noise when playing my ipod. It is not related to engine rpm or it seems anything else and is definitely not alternator whine. At first I thought it was my iPod but it happens on my 80gb iPod, my iPod mini, and my iPhone and if I jiggle the cables on either side of the IceLink - it is the original one that is a little longer than a stick of gum wrapped in heat shrink tubing - it seems to go away for a while. It is at least 4 maybe 5 years old. Any thoughts? Has it gone to the music library in the sky and I should just suck it up and buy a new one?