PDA

View Full Version : Seating

Beam525 06
06-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I am pickin up my 2006 525i in the upcoming week, but i failed to order the comfort seat accessory with it, i dont know how i missed orderin it, because i ordered everything else....i take long drives to visit clients, but are the standard leather seats that uncomfortable ?....thanks in advance for any replies

adwebinc
06-22-2005, 10:00 PM
I know there will be a lot of people that disagree with me, but I believe that the comfort seats are overkill. If you ordered the Sport package, then you are going to get some additional adjustability, but even the standard seats are extremely comfortable. The most improtant feature to me is the lumbar support.

Me530
06-23-2005, 07:36 AM
I am pickin up my 2006 525i in the upcoming week, but i failed to order the comfort seat accessory with it, i dont know how i missed orderin it, because i ordered everything else....i take long drives to visit clients, but are the standard leather seats that uncomfortable ?....thanks in advance for any replies

The standard seats aren't that great. Sport seats are way better. Comfort Seats are icing on the cake.

Ågent99
06-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Realize that we are all shaped differently and how subjective a question this is. That said, I can't believe that more adjustable features in a seat would be a bad thing....

In other words, the Comfort seats will have a few more adjustments than whatever you will get in your 525i. How that impacts you? :dunno: Only you will have that answer and if you never try out a Comfort seat, you may never know or care! :thumbup:

;)

hpowders
06-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Based on what I have read from auto rags and many, many threads, the seats rated from best to worst are: comfort, regular, sport("too firm").
Your seats should be good! ;)

Beam525 06
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Appreciate the responses....i'll let you know when i HOPEFULLY :D pick it up next week

Spartacus_33
06-29-2005, 09:53 AM
I owned 2 bimmers before my 545, each had the sport seats. They were great!

I was a bit disappointed with the comfort and quality of the sport seats in the E60 (compared to my 2 previous BMWs).

I accidentally sat in an E60 with the comfort seats while doing my "research" on new cars, (including the E500). The comfort seats in the E60 are absolutely the most comfortable seats I have ever experienced. Would I put it at the top of "must have" options? Well, for the $$ you have to dish out for these cars......... what's a little more over the course of a 3 year lease or 5 year finance? You should have gotten the seats dude.

hpowders
06-29-2005, 10:28 AM
I owned 2 bimmers before my 545, each had the sport seats. They were great!

I was a bit disappointed with the comfort and quality of the sport seats in the E60 (compared to my 2 previous BMWs).

I accidentally sat in an E60 with the comfort seats while doing my "research" on new cars, (including the E500). The comfort seats in the E60 are absolutely the most comfortable seats I have ever experienced. Would I put it at the top of "must have" options? Well, for the $$ you have to dish out for these cars......... what's a little more over the course of a 3 year lease or 5 year finance? You should have gotten the seats dude.

Yeah baby! I ordered my 545i with the comfort seats and after reading your post I can hardly wait to get the car!
:thumbup: