PDA

View Full Version : Bad Tire

SergeyM
06-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Last week I noticed that the left front tire of my 3 month old 545 has a small cut that goes pretty deep into the tire wall. I am pretty upset since the car has only 3.5 K miles and the tire alone costs $330 at the dealer. What's the best way to deal with the problem and will BMW or Bridgestone help me in any way or they will blame it on me and road hazard? Thank's for in advance for any advice.

BillP
06-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Last week I noticed that the left front tire of my 3 month old 545 has a small cut that goes pretty deep into the tire wall. I am pretty upset since the car has only 3.5 K miles and the tire alone costs $330 at the dealer. What's the best way to deal with the problem and will BMW or Bridgestone help me in any way or they will blame it on me and road hazard? Thank's for in advance for any advice.

While my untrained eye says that may be due to hitting a pothole, I would visit the dealer anyway.

Bring it to the dealer, complain heavily, and see what happens. Use the words "safety" and "dangerous" while being upset but professional. Hopefully they take care of you.

Bill

Ågent99
06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
I hear NYC is rampant with nasty, nasty potholes...I think you probably have a legitimate case.

TGray5
06-28-2005, 01:02 PM
hmm, that's a bummer. It seems like runflats are more susceptible to damage for some reason. Good luck arguing with the dealer, but I think you are going to be SOL, especially since you live in Pot Hole City.