PDA

View Full Version : A few words and some thanks!!!!!

Clem
06-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Well now that the second BIMMERFEST Calgary is over it's time for a few words and thanks.

The threat of rain plagued the day prior and the day of the event. Saturday started with overcast skies and heavy clouds. As the afternoon progessed we were blessed with warm temps and even a little bit of sun. THANK YOU BIMMERFEST GODS!!!!!! The turnout was considerably good considering the event was held on a Sunday and a major import car show was being held in Vancouver over the weekend. Again attendance provided us with a lot of gorgeous cars in a wide range of models from a custom Isetta powered by a Volkswagen engine converted to a flatbed to a Corvette powered E36. I hope I can safely say a good time was had by all and the atmosphere feel just as good as all the Bimmerfests in the past with the exception of course of the swarm of killer mosquitos that swooped in near the end.

The cruise was an absolute blast. 30+ cars and no one got hurt, maimed or ticketed. We actually hit a period of heavy rain durning the cruise and I appreciate all the participant's restraint durning that time. I look forward to all the pictures and video that will be popping up around the net and forums. I spotted so many cameras and video camera shooting during the course of the day.

Thanks you:

- Rob and his staff at Tunerworks were once again great hosts. They put in a lot of work and effort throughout the course of the day to make another successful event.

- ALL of the attendees. Without them this event could never have taken place.

- All of our long distance guests. Thanks for showing us your support by taking the time to make the long trek to Calgary.

- Our prize sponsors

- The BMW Club of Southern Alberta, their volunteers and their generous giveaway prizes.

- Of course thanks to Jon, Mark, Tim and all the 'festers for their support.

If I missed anyone I sincerely and truely apologize.

Here's to an even better and bigger event next year.

55 cent
06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Awesome job Clem. The cruise was a blast and I can't wait for next year.

b_w.
06-29-2005, 09:22 PM
it was a good time :)