PDA

View Full Version : Car alarm problem

Z4phillygirl
06-27-2005, 03:00 PM
*not sure if this is where this question belongs - so please feel free to move, if necessary*

Anyway - I have a problem with a car alarm, and it's not for MY car.... The problem is my roommate's Toyota Highlander SUV. It has a factory alarm on it and it's so darned sensitive, that ever since I got my new Z4, there will be times when turning over my engine will set it off.... And, according to my roommate, she says the alarm will not reset itself... it will go off after a minute, but then it will go off again, until the alarm is actually reset by the key fob.

We park in an underground parking garage and I have to park next to her, because we have assigned spaces. When I first got the car, I thought it was the loud radio, so I would keep it turned off when I pull in the garage.... then I realized it was just my really loud engine. So... I had taken to turning the key "slowly" so as to make as little noise as possible, but her alarm goes off probably once a week.

This morning, I started the engine and thought I was safe, but I put the thing in reverse, and her alarm went off. :mad:

Is there a way to make her alarm LESS sensitive at all?

Bob Clevenger
06-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm sure there are ways to make it less sensitive to noises.
Tell her to go to her dealer and complain that the alarm is going off for no reason and the cops have warned her that if it continues she will get a ticket for it. Yes, they can ticket for that.

doeboy
06-27-2005, 03:58 PM
The alarm is set way too sensitive. Have her get it adjusted so it's not so sensitive. It's all too common to have an alarm installed and not configured properly so a sneeze can set it off.

I called the police to report such an alarm in my neighborhood once after it has been going off for about 4 or 5 hours straight at night. :eeps: :angel: