PDA

View Full Version : I posted this on other board, now will do here :)

ashecnc
12-20-2001, 06:11 PM
Like I ask yesterday, the sound I hear towards the right side of dash close to windshield bottom does not sound like a rattle. Its a shutter sound, maybe thats a better way to say it?? Do any of you, or do any of you think it might be the rubber under the hood towards the glass (below wipers) rubbing on the paint underneath making the sound I hear?? I know i've seen this posted before about this noise, but can't find it. If this sounds possible, let me know.. hehe ;)

ashecnc
12-20-2001, 07:46 PM
I hear it the whole time I am driving, the cold does not seem to make a big difference :(

Plaz
12-21-2001, 12:00 AM
Glovebox latch loose?

ashecnc
12-21-2001, 03:57 PM
No, sounds like its outside somewhere :( :( :(

Alex Baumann
12-21-2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by CCs328Ci
.....or do any of you think it might be the rubber under the hood towards the glass (below wipers) rubbing on the paint underneath making the sound I hear??

I don't think that rubber will cause such a sound. Btw, what's your speed when you hear the sound?

I would say check the wiper arms and the plastic parts where the wipers are connected. And don't forget to check the engine room.

Alex

ashecnc
12-21-2001, 04:13 PM
Hey Alex, what do you mean engine room? :confused:

Alex Baumann
12-21-2001, 04:14 PM
Open the hood and check inside

ashecnc
12-21-2001, 04:18 PM
Oh, I have, but have no idea where I would hear a noise... it's crazy

Jay G 330i
12-21-2001, 04:36 PM
I just went through getting my rattle fixed. Mine was actually at the top of the windshield. Everytime I went over a bump the thing rattled. The dealer (Cutter) solved the problem by having a glass guy come and inject additional calking materials in and around the upper seal. They did a pretty good job actually. No more rattle!!

Other sources of the noise could be the pins near the hood hinge. Try lubing them. Although this typicaly results in a "clicking sound" as I understand it...which doesn't seem to be your problem...

I tell you, I went through everything (even pulling the heater cowlings) until the dealer was able to diagnose the windshield as the problem. Unless you really want to deal with a lot of heartache on your own, bring the car into the dealer, road test the car WITH THE TECHNICIAN and let them try to solve it.

My advice anyway... Best Of Luck.

jw
12-21-2001, 05:46 PM
Does it happen while idling? Or only while the vehicle is moving?

ashecnc
12-21-2001, 07:52 PM
Hmmm, thats wild! Mine is not that bad... and JW, its while moving. I had all my rattles fixed. I just now hear this one since the others were fixed. I also remember people have the shutter sound in there passenger seat, not rattle over rough pavement. If I could find out from someone exactly what part it is, I would fix it myself... small things can be annoying! :confused: