PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a dealer in southern cali?

hipertec
06-28-2005, 11:36 PM
interested in a 530 or 545..anyone recommend a dealer and person?
would they do these cars for 1500 over invoice?
any help would be greatly appreciated!

BillP
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM

Santa Barbara BMW has been good to a lot of people. I would give them a shot at your money.

Bill

hipertec
06-29-2005, 12:18 AM
any idea how much or who to ask for?

SpeedFreak!
06-29-2005, 12:44 AM

What part of SoCal?

1Dreamer
06-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Cutter in Santa Barbara is major sponsor of this board and from what I read on here, they bend over backwards to treat you right. To get a name of who people have been dealing with and what people have been paying over invoice lately, your best bet is to check the "Ask a Dealer" section of this board or do a search. They're also mentioned a lot in the European Delivery section of the board. But I believe SpeedFreak deals in BMW's in the San Diego area if you're down that way, and another member of this board named Philippe who goes by the screen name "Philippek" is a sales manager at Irvine BMW in OC and seems like a great guy.

SpeedFreak!
06-29-2005, 02:18 AM
Cutter in Santa Barbara is major sponsor of this board and from what I read on here, they bend over backwards to treat you right. To get a name of who people have been dealing with and what people have been paying over invoice lately, your best bet is to check the "Ask a Dealer" section of this board or do a search. They're also mentioned a lot in the European Delivery section of the board. But I believe SpeedFreak deals in BMW's in the San Diego area if you're down that way, and another member of this board named Philippe who goes by the screen name "Philippek" is a sales manager at Irvine BMW in OC and seems like a great guy.

It was very nice of you to mention me... thank you... we are currently finalizing the paperwork so I can get a check cut for this site. I'll be an official sponsor very soon. Probably days. Cutter and Irvine are a couple of my personal favorites. Some of the people there are really great. :thumbup:

hipertec
06-29-2005, 07:29 PM
hey speedfreak,
could you get me a great deal for a 530 or a 545? whatcha got in stock that is a silver color with black interior?
you can email me at hipertec@yahoo.com
thanks!

RadioWave
06-30-2005, 08:07 AM
In case you get confused, Cutter changed its name to Santa Barbara in May, 2004. I bought the first BMW under the new management and they definitely treated me right. I worked with Franco (the internet rep) who was very straightforward and honest.

BMW-540.com
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Of course we all have different experiences, however our recent (june/July/August 2005) experience with the CPO dept at Irvine BMW is so bad I still can't bring myself to write about it on my site (BMW-540.com). I'm tryiing to let them do the right thing before I report everything to our readers.

I got great service from Long Beach BMW and everyone else. Just stay clear of Irvine BMW.

I'll spare the details, but they held my CPO car, for which I had just paid cash in June 2005, hostage until the next month.

Just as bad was the awful service in the sales dept: they wasted three hours of our time coming to the right price ($42,999 on asking price of $46,999, and that was before the car even hit the lot), and then wasted three more hours giving us fluff about what they did to my car when we came to get it the next month (July 2005).

It took them until August, 2005 to deliver the manuals to it.

I still don't have the valet key or registration, and it's already October 2005.

If they treat a member of the registered automotive press this way I wonder how they treat people who only post on message boards?

Hope you have better luck. My wife did fine there in 2001, the problem is we hear they replaced the salesforce more recently. Whoops! Things change.

Ken