PDA

View Full Version : New appreciation for my E60

Spartacus_33
06-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Just got back from a business trip to Phoenix. HOT!

Rental car reservations were made ahead of time for me and I found myself driving a Hyundai Sonata. Driving it off the lot, I immediately had a new appreciation for my 5er.

I have active steering in my 545... the first time I "flipped a U-turn" in the Sonata, the car barely turned.... I had to really crank the wheel to complete the turn without hitting the curb on the other side of the road. Apparently I have gotten used to the Active Steering and have been taking it for granted for the past several months.

Sitting in the Sonata was like sitting on a park bench... hard, flat and straight up! I have comfort seats in my 545, HUGE difference, that I think I may have also gotten used to and have been taking for granted.

The first off ramp I took in the Sonata, I just about flipped the car..... I have the Sports Package in my 545, and the handling is the best of any car I've ever driven...

Saturday morning, I was re-united with my 5er. I turned the key... the steering wheel came down into position, the side bolsters gently squeezed against me... all that was missing was the car saying, "Welcome back Master". :banana:

hmr
06-29-2005, 08:40 AM
:thumbup: Oh, yes, nothing like driving a rental to get a renewed appreciation for the bimmer.

hpowders
06-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Just got back from a business trip to Phoenix. HOT!

Rental car reservations were made ahead of time for me and I found myself driving a Hyundai Sontana. Driving it off the lot, I immediately had a new appreciation for my 5er.

I have active steering in my 545... the first time I "flipped a U-turn" in the Sontana, the car barely turned.... I had to really crank the wheel to complete the turn without hitting the curb on the other side of the road. Apparently I have gotten used to the Active Steering and have been taking it for granted for the past several months.

Sitting in the Sontana was like sitting on a park bench... hard, flat and straight up! I have comfort seats in my 545, HUGE difference, that I think I may have also gotten used to and have been taking for granted.

The first off ramp I took in the Sontana, I just about flipped the car..... I have the Sports Package in my 545, and the handling is the best of any car I've ever driven...

Saturday morning, I was re-united with my 5er. I turned the key... the steering wheel came down into position, the side bolsters gently squeezed against me... all that was missing was the car saying, "Welcome back Master". :banana:

Yup! Know the feeling quite well! Always have a new appreciation for my 325i when I get back home after driving those abominable rental cars.
:thumbup:

john4.4x5
06-29-2005, 10:49 AM
:thumbup: Oh, yes, nothing like driving a rental to get a renewed appreciation for the bimmer.

Yup... werd! :thumbup: