PDA

View Full Version : Rattling in Driver side window

meandmy530I
06-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey Folks I've had my 2004 530I for a year and a half now I'm hearing a rattling noise in the driver's side window. This will only happen when the window is halfway down. I experienced this a few years back when I had my 99 328I and it turned out to be my window regulator. Now I took my car in explaining the problem I have and the Morons at the service center is telling me it's not my regulator that's having the problem it's the rubbers around the window that need lubricating. I think that is such Horse S**T :mad: Does anyone think this is a Regulator problem or could it be something else.....

Jrbundy
07-03-2005, 10:05 AM
There's a really good chance that it is just the rubber around the doors, thats the weather stripping, and it needs to be re-sealed. At least that is how i fixed my window rattle problem. Here, I'll refer you to this post:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96957

Scroll down to a post made by NH-SHICKS, not sure if this is the same problem you're having, but if so this is a good fix.

BMWNA
07-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read about this problem with your window. If you and your BMW center want our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200518700851 so that we can help you more efficiently.