PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Frustration!

Reefminis
06-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Ok, I've been to x5board.com............I've done a search on this site............and I've done everything the BMW owners manual has told me and I STILL cannot get my Razr V3 to recognize the bluetooth in my 3 day old '05 M3 Cabrio w/ nav.

HELP!..................thanks!

Reefminis
07-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Ok, I think I have it sorted now. I guess some cars come through with the bluetooth disabled for some reason. Kinda stinks that I have to take the thing back to the dealer, when the pairing and enabling of the bluetooth was so easy in the wife's 645..............well, the M3 may be older tech than the 645, but still its one heck of an automobile.

dawgbone
07-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Ok, I think I have it sorted now. I guess some cars come through with the bluetooth disabled for some reason. Kinda stinks that I have to take the thing back to the dealer, when the pairing and enabling of the bluetooth was so easy in the wife's 645..............well, the M3 may be older tech than the 645, but still its one heck of an automobile.

I have an 05 M3 and a Motorola RAZR as well...And it has worked beautifully for me...You're right that the car has to have the BT enabled...I will tell you that, it'll probably have an occasional hick-up as does mine, when hanging up from a call..It won't hang up and it doesn't switch back to the music...Just power off/on the phone and let it sync up again...You have to understand that BT is fairly new technology, so you have exspect some hick-ups...This issue that I have doesn't happen near often enough for it to be an issue with me...

Also I've dug into this phone, and found that I was running old software..And there was new software for it, and also found hacked versions of it..I flashed the new/hacked firmware and the phone works entirely much better...BT, battery life, reception, and speed were all much better afterwards...