PDA

View Full Version : bmw assist

wagonman
06-30-2005, 10:47 PM
is this worth getting? it sounded to me like it consists of concierge services. is there something i am missing about it? thanks!

kd2789mo
07-01-2005, 07:10 AM
is this worth getting? it sounded to me like it consists of concierge services. is there something i am missing about it? thanks!
The first year is paid for by BMW, should you choose to renew, it is $240.00/year.
Some additional services, directions, weather, etc, is at an additional charge. I believe $4.95 per, on top of your yearly subscription for Assist.
Read all about it:
HERE (http://www.bmwtransact.com/bmwassist/assist_brochure.pdf)

wagonman
07-01-2005, 09:18 AM
does this mean you need this in order to utilize that hands free bluetooth phone system? forgiv my technoligical ignorance ;)

yamilrx
07-01-2005, 06:00 PM
does this mean you need this in order to utilize that hands free bluetooth phone system? forgiv my technoligical ignorance ;)

No you don't, The BMW assit uses the built in car phone for making emergency calls or BMW assit calls only and has nothing to do with your bluetooth. I activated it for the free year but plan to cancel afterwards.

jacey
07-06-2005, 05:35 PM
wait, now im confused. i thought BMW assist came with the 5series ... what do u mean we have to pay and such after a year? isn't it still free as long as u dont ask for personal services like the conceirge crap?