PDA

View Full Version : Cip 17.1

tschalli
07-01-2005, 06:45 AM
I just go tmy car back yesteryday from BMW service. Had 17.1 installed. How do I know if I have perspective view on NAV. I don't see it as an option.

I'm using the Navtq 2004.2 DVD.

Anyone have any jpg of perpsecctive view?

tschalli
07-01-2005, 07:04 AM
i also just noticed that my Blackberry 7520 pairs and i can use the idrive to dial numbers.

the idrive is more responsive now.

stream
07-01-2005, 08:54 AM
One way to tell is go to the small right window and press the iDrive controller--one of the choices will be perspective.

tschalli
07-02-2005, 07:50 PM
well i tried looking for the perspective choice on the small right window and it wasn't there. Anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have a posted pciture of what the perspective view is?

Ågent99
07-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Map, Facing North
Map, Direction of Travel
Perspective
etc.

Those should be your choices in the far right window. If you do not see "Perspective", then you do not have it.

Why you don't have it, I have no idea...but I would think you should! :)

Perspective view gives you a "helicopter" view of a map complete with the sky and horizon. It is kind of cool.

remington
07-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Perspective view is very cool to look at but not as helpful to actually navigate with as it doesn't show street names. I think it's perfect for long trips on the highway where you want a real 3D view of where you are in relation to the world, but not when you are driving in the city. If you don't see it as a view option in the navigation menu, you don't have it.