PDA

View Full Version : OEM ipod Dock (cradle) + ice link plus

sublimaze1
07-02-2005, 05:56 AM
Just installed my icelink plus in my E38 - loaded the id tag script ... works like a charm

BUT

I had to abort my idea of hooking the dock connector to my dock, bacause it didn't work. Dension (Chase) stated that one (or more) of the pins in the OEM dock are not active to allow the icelink connector to work.

Anyone been able to get their ipod to sit in the OEM dock (cradle) in their car, and have it work?

Thanks
W Jones

tom@densionusa
07-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Just installed my icelink plus in my E38 - loaded the id tag script ... works like a charm

BUT

I had to abort my idea of hooking the dock connector to my dock, bacause it didn't work. Dension (Chase) stated that one (or more) of the pins in the OEM dock are not active to allow the icelink connector to work.

Anyone been able to get their ipod to sit in the OEM dock (cradle) in their car, and have it work?

Thanks
W Jones

Don't do it - the dock was intended to be on a flat non-moving surface, like a desktop. The jarring and bumps of a moving car will prematurely waer out the dock connector in no time.

Not to mention the safety hazard if you were ever in an accident and the iPod flew in front of the airbag.