PDA

View Full Version : XM in 2003 325cic with Nav

letnes
07-02-2005, 02:15 PM
I have been reading the forum trying to see what it would take to get XM satellite radio in my car.

It seems to me that I cannot get XM radio in my 2003 325cic with navigation and cd changer, because there is some conflict with the navigation system.

I can only get Sirius satellite radio. Is this correct?

Thank You.

Terry Kennedy
07-02-2005, 05:00 PM
It seems to me that I cannot get XM radio in my 2003 325cic with navigation and cd changer, because there is some conflict with the navigation system.

I can only get Sirius satellite radio. Is this correct?Yes. XM Direct is an aftermarket product, which for the E46 uses an adapter from BlitzSafe. The BlitzSafe adapter is not currently compatible with the E46 navigation option.

If you really need XM and not Sirius, you're going to need an aux adapter (BMW or aftermarket) and some place to stash the XM tuner display (perhaps in the ashtray).

letnes
07-02-2005, 08:43 PM
Would the USA SPEC DF-BMW be a good aux adaptor to get or are there better ones?

CWolfey
07-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Also with the pioneer xm tuner you could use an adapter and have XM with full control, but no text display just channels(which is fine to me)

letnes
07-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Why does XM not work on cars with navigation and Sirius does? Does XM interfere with the workings of the navigation system or is it just a case of not enough inputs once you connect the navigation system and cd changer.

CWolfey, which Pioneer tuner are you talking about?

Terry Kennedy
07-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Why does XM not work on cars with navigation and Sirius does? Does XM interfere with the workings of the navigation system or is it just a case of not enough inputs once you connect the navigation system and cd changer.For some reason BMW used different protocols for NAV and non-NAV Sirius tuners. That's why there were different part numbers until recently. The BlitzSafe adapter in the XM Direct unit only pretends to be the non-NAV version of the tuner.

CWolfey
07-04-2005, 09:41 PM
CWolfey, which Pioneer tuner are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I have a Pioneer XM Tuner ( GEP910XM) and a XM/Changer Adapter for BMW Pioneer made by Metra/ Access interface. works great!

letnes
07-05-2005, 10:06 AM
From the replies to my post I have come to the following conclusions, please let me know if any of them are wrong.

At the present time XM cannot be connected to my radio and have it display all the song and artist info on the display since I have navigation.

If I get a tuner and an adaptor like USA SPEC DF-BMW I can control the radio from my steering wheel controls, but the display will only show channel info.

If I got Sirius it would work without any of these issues even with navigation.