PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the new 5-series xi?

italia90
07-02-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of the 3 series xi and since it works with the same xdrive system as the 5, I was wondering if anyone experienced it first hand yet (particularly in the sedan). I am really concerned with the suspension of the xi's. Does it make the car look too tall? Is the next generation going to do something about lowering the suspension like in the sports package? Any information on this would be great!

italia90
07-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Anyone?????????????????????????

Ågent99
07-19-2005, 10:12 AM
First, you should have posted this in the E60 forum...I have moved it for you. There are a few threads on this topic here.

Your Friendly Mod

wagonman
07-19-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of the 3 series xi and since it works with the same xdrive system as the 5, I was wondering if anyone experienced it first hand yet (particularly in the sedan). I am really concerned with the suspension of the xi's. Does it make the car look too tall? Is the next generation going to do something about lowering the suspension like in the sports package? Any information on this would be great!
i bought the 530 xi wagon. the answer is no: the car does not look too tall. i too was concerned about this but the car has self-leveling suspension which makes it look mean and lean when driving. upon stopping the car and locking the suspension does automatically raise up. it does not look bad though. i cannot speak to the sedan version as i have not seen it. the wagon is very sharp. i personally like the looks (and functuionality) of the wagon better than the sedan. if you have any need whatsoever for AWD, then the xi is the way to go. as far as driving goes it felt like a rear wheel drive car. i did go up some fairly steep gravel driveways in italy and thought i could feel the x-drive kicking in but cant be sure. bmw should have a guage or icon which shows the driver when x-drive is engaged. the car is awesome. i am awaiting redelivery currently.