PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Retraint Warning

kybriggs82
07-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Today The Gps Screen Had A Message Stating The Passenger Restraint System Is Not Working Coreecting Ie: Air Bag System. I Am Unable To Clear This Message And The Air Bag Warning Light On The Instrument Cluster Is Showing A Problem..is This A Problem Only The Dealer Can Fix Or Can This Be Rest??? 2005 545i Delivered 11/2004..

BillP
07-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Today The Gps Screen Had A Message Stating The Passenger Restraint System Is Not Working Coreecting Ie: Air Bag System. I Am Unable To Clear This Message And The Air Bag Warning Light On The Instrument Cluster Is Showing A Problem..is This A Problem Only The Dealer Can Fix Or Can This Be Rest??? 2005 545i Delivered 11/2004..

First Of All, What Is With The Initial Caps? It Is Very Tough To Read.

OK, for most things regarding the air bags, while you may be able to fix the problem, you won't be able to clear the error, so it is off to the dealer you must go!

Bill

kybriggs82
07-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks..ok ok no more caps.. work requires all written reports in caps so my home computor is always on caps.. This 2005 545i becoming one of the most problematic vehicles I have ever owned and Bmw service is third rate. I wish I would of purchased a used Yugo and saved my money..Off to Valley BMW I go with a credit card for the rental car since a loaner is never available and another 2 months for a part..I wish I would have bought a Lexus..

BillP
07-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks..ok ok no more caps.. work requires all written reports in caps so my home computor is always on caps.. This 2005 545i becoming one of the most problematic vehicles I have ever owned and Bmw service is third rate. I wish I would of purchased a used Yugo and saved my money..Off to Valley BMW I go with a credit card for the rental car since a loaner is never available and another 2 months for a part..I wish I would have bought a Lexus..

If you are that unhappy with the local dealer, you may want to consider driving north or west ~1.5 hours. Consider it a mini-vacation! It's only going to hit 80 here in Palo Alto today.

My local dealer (with free loaners - when available - or rentals - when loaners are not available) has so far been extremely empathetic and has gone out of his way to spend time diagnosing problems (on both of my cars, neither of which is a 545, however).

Bill

kybriggs82
07-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I may do that..Thanks..I paid cash for the car and I guess this dealer feels their not going to get financing dollars from me so I can kiss their ass since they got all they could up front..I wrote BMWUSA yesterday regarding the third rate service and being charged $15.00 on my credit card for part of a rental car I used during service..Yes I filled up the tank with gas when I returned the rental car..Go figure!!!!!!!!

Ågent99
07-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Sorry for your troubles...my car has been pretty clean thus far (knock, knock). :) Well, at least anything that goes wrong with the car is fully covered...too bad you can't get a rental for free, too.

BMWNA
07-06-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.