PDA

View Full Version : Locked into a lease with car in transit?

hpowders
07-03-2005, 06:54 PM
I got a very good leasing deal on a 2005 545i in the middle of June. The car had to be ordered and should be here toward the end of July.
If BMWFS comes out with extra leasing incentives on this vehicle as part of its July program since this is an outgoing vehicle, can I renegotiate with this dealer to get the better deal(assuming there will be one) or am I locked into the June deal?
I have a printout of my June deal from the dealer. I did not sign anything but I did charge the upfront fees on a credit card. :dunno:

remington
07-03-2005, 08:37 PM
I just leased a 545i a couple days ago and the finance guy told me that my rate could be locked in for 60 days and that if something better comes along I could have that rate. However I don't think you are going to get much better than the rate BMW financial was offering for the 545i last month which was a cost of money factor of .0010 which is 2.4%. That's what you should have received.

hpowders
07-04-2005, 05:24 AM
I just leased a 545i a couple days ago and the finance guy told me that my rate could be locked in for 60 days and that if something better comes along I could have that rate. However I don't think you are going to get much better than the rate BMW financial was offering for the 545i last month which was a cost of money factor of .0010 which is 2.4%. That's what you should have received.

Yes. I got the .0010 money factor.

Ågent99
07-05-2005, 02:44 PM
The lease deals on 545i BMWs is pretty sweet. 2.4%...you will NOT do any better than that!

I got mine through euro-delivery but they tack on a 0.0003% surcharge for that. However, it is pretty equivalent to the 0.001 because due to ED, BMWFS will pay for 1 month of leasing for you. You lose anywhere from 1-2 months of time due to shipping the car over so it is a fair deal.

hpowders
07-06-2005, 05:22 AM
The lease deals on 545i BMWs is pretty sweet. 2.4%...you will NOT do any better than that!

I got mine through euro-delivery but they tack on a 0.0003% surcharge for that. However, it is pretty equivalent to the 0.001 because due to ED, BMWFS will pay for 1 month of leasing for you. You lose anywhere from 1-2 months of time due to shipping the car over so it is a fair deal.
My 545i is awaiting transport. Any idea how many weeks it will take before it arrives in the states? :dunno:

Ågent99
07-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Your dealer will have the most up-to-date information for you. If you were given a production number, you should be able to check online at bmwusa.

hpowders
07-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Your dealer will have the most up-to-date information for you. If you were given a production number, you should be able to check online at bmwusa.

I check it every day. For a week now, it's "awaiting transport."
DON"T THEY REALIZE WHO I AM? I AM NOT A MAN WHO LIKES TO BE KEPT WAITING!!! :mad: