PDA

View Full Version : Moonroof/Electrical problems?

bdb
07-04-2005, 08:26 PM
So a month or so ago I went to my car parked in my garage and all the windows and moonroof were open, I figured somehow I must have left it open, or maybe sat on the key (unlikely of course).

So I let it be didn't pay too much attention too it.

then saturday I was driving to the store and the moonroof kept closing, every time I would open it, It would reopen about 1 min later.

After I parked and came back from the store the problem was gone.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? It's of course one of those magical once in a blue moon problems that the dealer will likely never be able to recreate.

dawgbone
07-05-2005, 08:13 AM
So a month or so ago I went to my car parked in my garage and all the windows and moonroof were open, I figured somehow I must have left it open, or maybe sat on the key (unlikely of course).

So I let it be didn't pay too much attention too it.

then saturday I was driving to the store and the moonroof kept closing, every time I would open it, It would reopen about 1 min later.

After I parked and came back from the store the problem was gone.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? It's of course one of those magical once in a blue moon problems that the dealer will likely never be able to recreate.

So far I've had handfuls of electrical issues with my 05...Like the passenger door thinking it's open and having the window raise up/down freakishly..And not being able to program the DRL's off and so on and so on...I've found that my service rep usually doesn't really troubleshoot and instead just replaces the part that controls the problem area, with no questions asked...I guess they rather replace a part rather than have you bring in your car weekly...So far it has worked for me...I would guess that it would be the alarm that is freaking your car out or the module that controls the unlock/all windows open from the key feature..

cleland
06-20-2006, 02:49 PM
I also had this happen one time. I went to bed and woke up to the cops banging on my door as it began to rain and a good samaratin called to let them know my windows and sunroof were open. It was the only time it ever happend, but as soon as I read this I knew I wasn't crazy and didn't leave the windows open by accident.

I think it has to do with the ground wiring, as I am now having electrical difficulties with my tail lights...

bdb
06-20-2006, 02:57 PM
They did replace my sunroof sensor said that it had 67 faults or something, but it's come back a few times since.

Need to bring it back in, I'll do it when it's service time.

Nuklhedxdc5
06-24-2006, 11:22 AM
this ones kinda scary. its like as if the cars were....HAUNTED???!?!??

Jochem
08-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi,

I'm new here, but I found this thread while google'ing for my problem, which seems exactly what you all describe here.
My 2001 E46 randomly unlocks while I'm away, and also opens the windows, sometimes only a few centimeters, sometimes half-way, sometimes entirely.

There was in fact ONE single time that it happened while I had just locked the car. It immediately opened again, although the windows stayed closed. Had to lock the car about 20 times before it stayed that way. (Opened and closed some doors in the meantime.)

Did anyone (or anyone's dealer) find a (THE) solution for this problem? The ground wiring was just a wild guess I think?

One thing: today it happened while there was rain, and lightning. Maybe some EMP related issues? ...And yes, my seats were already wet when my friendly neighbour alarmed me :mad:

psizzel
09-20-2006, 09:32 PM
my cars sunroof opens and closes at random times usually when the weather is above 90degrees F. I Think the switch is getting hot and bothered. only does this maybe 10 times a year. Replace switch or poound on it I think the first is the most reasonable

bdb
09-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Just had my control unit replaced again.. 2nd one.