PDA

View Full Version : ICE Link ipod Adapter, X5

ryanthompson
07-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey this is my first post here. Ive tried to read up but I want to be clear on something. I have a 2005 X5 3.0 with the Navigation with the tape deck in it, and then the BMW factory cd changer in the back.
My question is, if I get the ice link for my ipod, am I still able to use the cd changer?
Also, is aux input an option since I have the cd changer already? I dont really care about controlling the ipod on the steering wheel or anything, I just want it to work, and still be able to use my cd changer. Any help would be great!

MatriX5
07-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey this is my first post here. Ive tried to read up but I want to be clear on something. I have a 2005 X5 3.0 with the Navigation with the tape deck in it, and then the BMW factory cd changer in the back.
My question is, if I get the ice link for my ipod, am I still able to use the cd changer?
Also, is aux input an option since I have the cd changer already? I dont really care about controlling the ipod on the steering wheel or anything, I just want it to work, and still be able to use my cd changer. Any help would be great!

Nope on keeping the CD changer, yep on the aux input.

ryanthompson
07-06-2005, 11:38 PM
so if I get the aux input, does that also put my cd changer out of commission?

MatriX5
07-07-2005, 07:42 AM
so if I get the aux input, does that also put my cd changer out of commission?

I don't think so. I don't have nav, and my XM Sat (which is hooked up via the changer plugs) still functions. I think the same is true for the nav units.

Installation manual for X5 with nav (http://www.bmwmotorsports.org/pdf/BMW%20AUX%20Input%20Installation.pdf)

Check out that manual. It might be able to give you some more answers.