PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 99' M3 softop....Options?

Soon to be ZHP
07-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Wife wants a convertible in a couple of years............I think I'll surprise her next week with a birthday present. This will be my 8th Bimmer since 98' and our first "M" model. I currently drive an 06' 330i and my wife has a Touareg. Does anyone know what the optional equipment was on 99' M3's :dunno: ? I'll be checking the car out next week, a Cosmo/Blk with Blk int. with Contour rims 49k for $17,500. The automatic tranny is the only draw back, but for a car thats driven only 3-4 days a month it should be fine. I have a client that is a wholesale dealer and we just started making offers on local cars and this is what we came up with. It looks like most retail prices are around $20-$25k. Funny this particular dealer had this car advertised at $29,990. I think it should be worth what I paid for it in a year if we keep the miles low. From my little bit of research it looks like the only options I've noticed on some M3's are hot seats, power seats and maybe rollover protection?

Thanks for the help :thumbup:

platypus
07-15-2005, 11:20 PM
If you still need the info, here's the detail from the window sticker of my '98 M3 vert, which I believe is pretty well equipped from an option standpoint (except for the auto tranny):

MSRP: $45,900
Cosmos Black Metallic: Included
Gray Leather: Included
Black Soft Top: Included
Power Front Seats: $945
Heated Front Seats: $500
Cruise Control: $475
OBC: $500
HK Sound: $975
Forged Wheels (LTWs): $1,450
Destination: $570

Rollover protection is listed as a standard safety feature. In addition, the original owner also had the dealer install the factory alarm ($749 installed). Finally, the car has the 6-CD changer in the trunk, but I'm not sure if this was purchased separately or if it was included in the HK package. Hope this helps and let us know what you get! :thumbup:

Soon to be ZHP
07-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the info..................I bought a 2004 325 cic that was to good a price to pass up. Every option available excluding NAV. for $29k. Previous owner paid over $48k. I'll miss the performance of an M3, but I guess thats why I have my 06' 330i for a daily driver.

J