PDA

View Full Version : new moto razr and bluetooth

ahmadof
07-10-2005, 08:08 AM
i just switched from a T608 Sony to the motorola Razr this morning. The sony worked flawlessly. The motorola pairs just fine and sends and recieves calls perfectly. The only 2 new things are 1) There is an orange light that keeps coming on the dash (one of the three on the nav unit) it does not affect calls or anything. I looks at the users manual link posted above , but it only describes a red and green light. 2) The Sony used to display (h) or (m) besoide the numbers for home or mobile. the motorola has all the numbers listed correctly , but there is a (?) beside them. Anyone know how to fix this?

JSpira
07-10-2005, 08:32 AM
There is an orange light that keeps coming on the dash (one of the three on the nav unit) it does not affect calls or anything. I looks at the users manual link posted above , but it only describes a red and green light. ?

I believe that the light indicates roaming. Normally with GSM you are not roaming but this is my recollection.

Liverman
07-10-2005, 10:08 AM
2) The Sony used to display (h) or (m) besoide the numbers for home or mobile. the motorola has all the numbers listed correctly , but there is a (?) beside them. Anyone know how to fix this?
Search for "razr" - this topic has been discussed - the BMW does not know how to interpret the Razr phonebook "Type" field...so you get a "(?)". Others have suggested putting the type in the name "Sue - Home" and "Sue - Work".

Greg

Terry Kennedy
07-10-2005, 11:22 AM
There is an orange light that keeps coming on the dash (one of the three on the nav unit) it does not affect calls or anything. I looks at the users manual link posted above , but it only describes a red and green light.You have Cingular, right? Cingular is currently a mishmash of the original Cingular system, the ATT Wireless system they acquired, and shared cell towers with T-Mobile. Thus there are a number of network IDs that provide "Cingular" service. Your Cingular RAZR has its configuration modified (via something called a "SEEM edit") to not show the roaming triangle on the phone. However, it still sends the roaming indication via Bluetooth.

Once Cingular fully integrates their network, this indicator will only light when you are truly roaming. Until then, it is sort of random, depending on where you are on their network. It does not indicate you are roaming off the Cingular network (the Cingular contract says that if more than half your usage over 3 months is off-network, they can cancel your service).

ahmadof
07-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I kind of figured that's what the yellow light meant, thanks for the nice explanation ( i do have cingular) That the {h} and {m} don't work kind of stinks, espicially since i got used to it with the old phone. BUt, i'm glad it works for calls. The solution of changing the names does not work that well for me, because everythign else i sync with (PDA, iSync) won't work right. Thanks again guys

gene2598
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Has anyone used the RAZR and SMS with the BMW? I have a Siemens S55 (Great phone) but I keep getting a SMS not supported message on the NAV screen.