PDA

View Full Version : GPS Options - advice needed

deburn
07-10-2005, 08:17 AM
I searched for this but didnt find anything. what Im looking for is a comparison of GPS options. Based on what I know I think the GArmin 320/330 and the Tom Tom 300 best fit my needs and I am trying to decide which of these to buy.

The Tom Tom 700 also sounds good because of Bluetooth capability. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RaceTripper
07-10-2005, 08:25 AM
I searched for this but didnt find anything. what Im looking for is a comparison of GPS options. Based on what I know I think the GArmin 320/330 and the Tom Tom 300 best fit my needs and I am trying to decide which of these to buy.

The Tom Tom 700 also sounds good because of Bluetooth capability. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I have the original TomTom Go and really like it a lot. It's completely self contained, easy to use, and looks nice (matches the interior of my M3 very nicely). My one big complaint is that the maps are a bit out of date, but if you get the newer 300 or 700 models that shouldn't be an issue since they have new maps.

What's really nice about the TomTom is the navigator voice. It's clear and loud enough to hear over you car stereo (unless you're in the habit of playing really loud). I favor the English "Jane" for mine. I guess a Euro GPS for a Euro car has to have a Euro nav voice. :thumbup:

afshawnt
07-10-2005, 08:36 AM
I have a TomTom GO300 that I bought a month ago. It is incredible. TomTom did a great job in the ease of use category. I realized that I really dont use it as much as I'd like. So, I'd be willing to sell it if you're interested.

deburn
07-11-2005, 11:01 AM
dwette and afshawnt, thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to go with the c320.

btw i believe you should be able to update maps from the manufacturer's site, no?

RaceTripper
07-11-2005, 11:07 AM
btw i believe you should be able to update maps from the manufacturer's site, no?
If they have updated maps, and it cost to do so.

In my case, I'm eligible for free updated maps from TomTom, but they haven't made them available yet.

Dean