PDA

View Full Version : Icelink in e46 reversed left/right

Jim H
07-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey, I've had an Icelink Plus in my e46 (trunk connection) for about 6 months now, and it sounds great. However, I noticed yesterday, that's it's playing back with the stereo audio reversed left and right. I checked to make sure that it was not on the track itself on the iPod, and it was not. The mp3s on the iPod are right. Sooo, it either has to be the Icelink hookup, or theoretically I guess it could be the factory CD changer wiring on the car. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I'm a musician, and this is very annoying now that I know that it's playing back opposite.
Thanks for your help!
-Jim

Technic
07-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey, I've had an Icelink Plus in my e46 (trunk connection) for about 6 months now, and it sounds great. However, I noticed yesterday, that's it's playing back with the stereo audio reversed left and right. I checked to make sure that it was not on the track itself on the iPod, and it was not. The mp3s on the iPod are right. Sooo, it either has to be the Icelink hookup, or theoretically I guess it could be the factory CD changer wiring on the car. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I'm a musician, and this is very annoying now that I know that it's playing back opposite.
Thanks for your help!
-Jim

I noticed that in my M3... found out that my car CD Changer 6 pin connector harness audio wires (L+ and R+) were backwards.

The White/Blue wire is the (R+) and the White/Red wire is the (L+) in the 6 pin connector. White/Brown is N-; there are only three wires in the 6 pin connector... :thumbup:

Jim H
07-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I noticed that in my M3... found out that my car CD Changer 6 pin connector harness audio wires (L+ and R+) were backwards.

The White/Blue wire is the (R+) and the White/Red wire is the (L+) in the 6 pin connector. White/Brown is N-; there are only three wires in the 6 pin connector... :thumbup:
Interesting. Did you cut and resplice the wires so they are now correct? Or possibly cut and resplice the wires on the Icelink cables? Just wondering if and how you corrected it.
Thanks!
-Jim

Technic
07-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Interesting. Did you cut and resplice the wires so they are now correct? Or possibly cut and resplice the wires on the Icelink cables? Just wondering if and how you corrected it.
Thanks!
-Jim

Jim... take a very fine screwdriver, remove the pins from any of the connectors (ice>Link or car side) and swap/match the color of the wires. That's what I did in the ice>Link side...

No cutting needed. :thumbup:

Jim H
07-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Jim... take a very fine screwdriver, remove the pins from any of the connectors (ice>Link or car side) and swap/match the color of the wires. That's what I did in the ice>Link side...

No cutting needed. :thumbup:
OK got it. I'll take a look at it tomorrow...
Thanks!

Tanning machine
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm a musician, and this is very annoying now that I know that it's playing back opposite.
Thanks for your help!
-Jim

I've always wondered why this mattered. Is it for all music, or for something like orchestral works, and you expect the violins to be on the left (per tradition)? Just curious--obviously I would notice a difference between home and car, but if the music were always reversed, would it matter?

Plaz
07-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Also make sure you check with that H/K "Spatial Enhancement" thingie turned off... that does some weird cross-channel voodoo.

Bos4me
08-15-2005, 09:36 PM
What "H/K Spatial Enhancement thingie"are you talking about?

I too think I have the same problem so I want to make sure..

Plaz
08-16-2005, 09:32 AM
What "H/K Spatial Enhancement thingie"are you talking about?

The speaker button on the console above the ashtray.