PDA

View Full Version : New M3 Owner! Need some help

kiln
07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Well I finally put away my 96 SVT cobra and stepped up to a 2002 Carbon Black M3 with 20,000 miles on it. The car is awesome and I cannot stop driving it. I had some questions about cleaning the car. The interior seems to be composed of a different material than most cars (Dash)... is there anything special I need to clean it or will any dash cleaner work?? What about for the leather?? Any product recommendations and information would nice...

Thanks

Ryan

:)

bren
07-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Search the detailing forum. You should find plenty of info there.....

SteveT
07-10-2005, 06:43 PM
You can also look at Classic Motoring (http://www.properautocare.com/) they have an excellent range of products and well written description/instructions. I've used Lexol products for vinyl as well a leather, but there are others.

Nick325xiT 5spd
07-10-2005, 07:00 PM
The dash is recycled tire rubber.

Technic
07-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Well I finally put away my 96 SVT cobra and stepped up to a 2002 Carbon Black M3 with 20,000 miles on it. The car is awesome and I cannot stop driving it. I had some questions about cleaning the car. The interior seems to be composed of a different material than most cars (Dash)... is there anything special I need to clean it or will any dash cleaner work?? What about for the leather?? Any product recommendations and information would nice...

Thanks

Ryan

...use 1Z Cockpit Premium for your vinyl surfaces and Spineybeck cleaner/conditioner for leather.

Looks excellent for a 2002! :thumbup:

dawgbone
07-11-2005, 08:20 AM

Thanks

Ryan

On normal cleaning I use Meguire's foaming solution for interiors...It works, easy to apply evenly without having to apply more and more, and doesn't leave any wierd smells that take away from the new car smell..

Car looks awesome...Nice upgrade..

BTW...are you on the north shore? Looks like The Reserves..Mandeville?

SB330CI
07-11-2005, 08:48 AM
The car is awesome and I cannot stop driving it.

I know that feeling. :D

kiln
07-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I am located in Covington... Right off 190 in the Northpark subdivision.. we just built a house here recently... Are you nearby aswell??

Ryan

dawgbone
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
I am located in Covington... Right off 190 in the Northpark subdivision.. we just built a house here recently... Are you nearby aswell??

Ryan

Yup...1081(Stafford) close to Barker's Corner...
Congrats on the M...
If you haven't already, you should take a cruise down Lee road and head east on HWY 40 to truly enjoy what the car can offer...And/or take a ride out to Belle Rose to No Problems Raceway...It's not the greatest track, but enough to get you familiar with the M3..A very different beast when compared to the SVT.. :thumbup:

spta97
07-12-2005, 12:16 PM
The dash is recycled tire rubber.

That's cool, I didn't know that. :smokin:

kiln
07-13-2005, 08:06 AM
I go to no problem raceway all the time... I race a 1970 Ford Maverick (Race only) (=

Ryan