PDA

View Full Version : need a driving advise

rams
07-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Well, I just got a 97 M3 and I have a question about driving it...yeah that's rignt.

I have some experience driving manual, but it seems that I have a problem driving my bimmer. Can you please tell me what's the RPM in first second and third gear. And also when I shift from first to second there is that clunking noise as the car jerks, as if I have something's loose in the trunk. I just can't get the car to shift smoothly from first into second gear. Never had that problem with my Celica.

Thanks for your help

Rams

SoloII///M
07-11-2005, 05:24 AM
Well, I just got a 97 M3 and I have a question about driving it...yeah that's rignt.

I have some experience driving manual, but it seems that I have a problem driving my bimmer. Can you please tell me what's the RPM in first second and third gear. And also when I shift from first to second there is that clunking noise as the car jerks, as if I have something's loose in the trunk. I just can't get the car to shift smoothly from first into second gear. Never had that problem with my Celica.

Thanks for your help

Rams

I'd get your transmission and differential mounts looked at. sounds like something is loose. If the transmission has a bad mount, the shifter will not align properly, causing shifting problems.

JV

jrp
07-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Can you please tell me what's the RPM in first second and third gear.
Shift at around 4,500...and don't let the revs drop too much (specially between 1st and 2nd).