PDA

View Full Version : XM wanted in 2005 325ci

tK715
07-10-2005, 08:16 PM
where can i go to get this installed? im keeping my OEM head unit, can XM be directly installed in my car without the XM unit showing?

ObD
07-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Do a search on XM Direct. Plug and play. Control via the OEM HU.

Technic
07-11-2005, 11:18 AM

... if Navigation is not present.

tsbrown
07-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by ObD
... if Navigation is not present.

I have XM on my '05 330i...got it from myradiostore.com and it's XM Direct bundle for BMW with the CD Changer Pass Through. Easy/straightforward installation in the trunk and HU and steering wheel buttons control it all. I rarely use the CD changer or the single in-dash CD or local radio anymore thanks to XM :thumbup:

tK715
07-16-2005, 06:26 PM
I have XM on my '05 330i...got it from myradiostore.com and it's XM Direct bundle for BMW with the CD Changer Pass Through. Easy/straightforward installation in the trunk and HU and steering wheel buttons control it all. I rarely use the CD changer or the single in-dash CD or local radio anymore thanks to XM :thumbup:
how much did this cost and installation? how much is the montly fees?

tehkao
07-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know of a XM Bundle that will work WITH a Nav installed 04 330?

LDV330i
07-16-2005, 06:54 PM
where can i go to get this installed? im keeping my OEM head unit, can XM be directly installed in my car without the XM unit showing?Very easy self install. I took me less that 10 minutes to install my XM Direct. I spent most of the time trying to remove the trunk liner. The XM Direct unit emulates the OEM Sirius unit completely except that it will not scroll the text for long song or singer names. The XM Direct package lists for $299 but I ordered it from Sterling BMW in VA for $250. Be sure to order the package that comes with the Blitzsafe that allows you to install a CD changer later. They are priced the same but you want to keep that option open.

LDV330i
07-16-2005, 07:49 PM
how much did this cost and installation? how much is the montly fees?XM radio a couple months ago raised it price to match Sirius at $12.95 per month. XM Radio now includes on line access for the base fee just like Sirius. Please note that these are list prices and XM Radio offers progressively deeper discounts the more you prepay up to 4 years. Check their website. There is a sign up fee also. You may also want to do a Google for a promotion code. I did and got free registration and the first 3 months for my XM2Go add on subscription. :D

tsbrown
07-17-2005, 07:13 AM
how much did this cost and installation? how much is the montly fees?

ditto what LDV330i said. I was on the quarterly plan until they raised the fee, now I'm on the annual plan. I should go for longer since I can't imagine having to go back to local FM.