PDA

View Full Version : What's up with BMWNAV.COM ?

starr666
07-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Anyone know what's up with these guy's ?

Just after Xmas I purchased a Wide Screen unit to upgrade my old 740iL.

When I installed it it would not sync to the TV signal. Just rolls like an old TV with a vertical hold problem.

When I send them email it just bounces back, and I can't find any way to contact them on the web site. Even if you want to place an order there is no way to do it online.

No phone numbers or address ect.

Any Ideas would be apreciated. Already tried unhooking the battery for 10 minutes but no joy.

Alex Baumann
07-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Try these

Registrant:
Martin Bishop
2343 Caringa Way
Suite 5
Carlsbad
CA
US

Domain Name: BMWNAV.com

Administrative Contact:
Martin Bishop (MB00287-TR)
2343 Caringa Way
Suite 5
Carlsbad
CA
US
phone: +1.8666227126
fax: +1.8666227126
amartinbishop@hotmail.com

Technical Contact:
Martin Bishop (MB00287-TR)
2343 Caringa Way
Suite 5
Carlsbad
CA
US
phone: +1.8666227126
fax: +1.8666227126
amartinbishop@hotmail.com

randolphws
07-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I had that problem when I installed a tv module - I kept thinking the computer needed to reset itself or the tv module was bad. It turned out I just needed to recconect the cables a little tighter. Try unhooking the data cables again and really make sure they have a good connection together. Did you unhook the cables while installing your widescreen?

Terry Kennedy
07-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Anyone know what's up with these guy's ?

Just after Xmas I purchased a Wide Screen unit to upgrade my old 740iL.

When I installed it it would not sync to the TV signal. Just rolls like an old TV with a vertical hold problem.

When I send them email it just bounces back, and I can't find any way to contact them on the web site. Even if you want to place an order there is no way to do it online.

No phone numbers or address ect.

Any Ideas would be apreciated. Already tried unhooking the battery for 10 minutes but no joy.They changed from bmwnav.com to bimmernav.com. Perhaps mail sent there will get through?

Also, their web site says:

NOTE: If your new widescreen display does not sync on the MKII computer right away after reconnecting your battery for the first time after installation the display will flicker like a TV station that is not tuned in completely.

In order to get the display to sync up correctly you must do following procedure: After installing the Widescreen, plug the battery back in and turn on the navigation display watch it flicker for a second. Then remove the Fuse*** for the NAV/Monitor Radio for 10 seconds and reconnect to get the Navigation Computer and the Widescreen Display to sync up correctly. Rebooting the navigation computer allows it to reconfigure itself to display the signal in the 16:9 aspect ratio.