PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth not working

rad21
07-14-2005, 07:21 PM
I just received my Motorola E815 which is supposed to be the replacement phone for the V710. I tried quite few times but the phone cannot recognize any Bluetooth devices. I set i-Drive to communications and on the phone I selected settings, connection,bluetooth link,setup,find me. Then I did settings, connection, bluetooth link, handsfree but it never finds any bluetooth devices. i-drive says bluetooth is enabled but nothing happens :dunno:

ObD
07-14-2005, 09:08 PM
You have to use the phone to "find" ... the BMW BT. When BMW BT says searching ... it's not. It's making itself "discoverable". The "find" option is somewhere on your phone menus.

rad21
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I used the phone to find the BMW BT. I found the problem, on the i-menu, it won't allow me to "check" the enable bluetooth option. It shows the option but is not selectable.

SRFast
07-15-2005, 07:57 AM
I just received my Motorola E815 which is supposed to be the replacement phone for the V710. I tried quite few times but the phone cannot recognize any Bluetooth devices. I set i-Drive to communications and on the phone I selected settings, connection,bluetooth link,setup,find me. Then I did settings, connection, bluetooth link, handsfree but it never finds any bluetooth devices. i-drive says bluetooth is enabled but nothing happens :dunno:

Are you using the correct device search on the Moto? The correct seqrch procedure is settings/connection/BT Link/Hands-Free/[Look for Devices]. I am not familiar with the iDrive pairing procedure, but use the Moto procedure after you get the BMW BT into the correct mode. Please excuse me if you are already using the correct Moto pairing procedure. BTW, did the BMW BT ever pair with the V710?

Hope this helps....JL

itznin
07-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Are you using the correct device search on the Moto? The correct seqrch procedure is settings/connection/BT Link/Hands-Free/[Look for Devices]. I am not familiar with the iDrive pairing procedure, but use the Moto procedure after you get the BMW BT into the correct mode. Please excuse me if you are already using the correct Moto pairing procedure. BTW, did the BMW BT ever pair with the V710?

Hope this helps....JL

BMW pairs with V710 with no problems.

cryptobiote
07-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Is there anyone familiar with pairing process using iDrive??? :tsk:

obmd1
07-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Is there anyone familiar with pairing process using iDrive??? :tsk:

I just did this today... my car is here :thumbup: but not ready for delivery (waiting on the reardeck spoiler :thumbdwn: ) but I went to visit her today (yes, I am obsessed... even moreso now that I sat in the thing with the engine running... oh so sweet) and had my v710 with me.

It took some doing... you need to go through the phone's menu to "find devices'. There is an idrive submenu in either "phone" or "communications" for "settings" where it says "bluetooth is discoverable in this screen'

or something like that....

but I have a question. The phonebook transfers fine, and dials using bmw voice dial (which sux a bit compared to obeymoto), but verizon says to call cannot be completed. seems to call up the right number, and when I dial the number directly it works fine....am I doing something wrong?

also... is there a volume adjustment? seems rather feeble.

can't wait until monday after work.... :D

SRFast
07-17-2005, 09:51 AM
but I have a question. The phonebook transfers fine, and dials using bmw voice dial (which sux a bit compared to obeymoto), but verizon says to call cannot be completed. seems to call up the right number, and when I dial the number directly it works fine....am I doing something wrong?

also... is there a volume adjustment? seems rather feeble.

can't wait until monday after work.... :D

When you use voice dial, does the on board "operator" repeat the spoken number(s) and ask you if they are correct? Can you dial successfully from the transfered phonebook? Which volume level are you to adjust? If it is the VR, try activasting the system and say "volume up" or "volume down." This is how it is done on the ealier VR units.

Hope this helps....JL

obmd1
07-18-2005, 10:13 AM
When you use voice dial, does the on board "operator" repeat the spoken number(s) and ask you if they are correct? Can you dial successfully from the transfered phonebook? Which volume level are you to adjust? If it is the VR, try activasting the system and say "volume up" or "volume down." This is how it is done on the ealier VR units.

Hope this helps....JL

yes,

He asks, and it dials, but the same number that successfully connects through the phone alone (or through the car when dialed manually) does not with the car's operator. I get a Verizon wireless message that says to check the number.

I was asking about the volume of the phonecall... sorry... is that adjusted on the phone or the car end?

thanks

gbbrown_in_sd
07-18-2005, 03:19 PM
:dunno: I'm having problems with getting my car (2006 325) and my phone to find each other too. Is there anything written ANYWHERE on how to get them together?? I got a fax from my sales guy and did what it says but my car keeps telling me to activate my phone. HELP!! What am I doing wrong?

rad21
07-22-2005, 05:47 PM
I used the phone to find the BMW BT. I found the problem, on the i-menu, it won't allow me to "check" the enable bluetooth option. It shows the option but is not selectable.

I brought my car to the dealer today.They gave me a 2004 325Ci as a loaner. My car was ready as promised at noon. They had to load in a CIP update and they even paired up my phone. It works great now. I will be progamming in phone numbers this weekend. My first service experience couldn't have been better.:thumbup:

The 325Ci has 12,000 miles and was a dealer demo. It drove pretty nice, a bit softer than my E90(could be the run flats), handling was not as good, steering seemed looser, the brakes were not as sensitive, the sports seats felt very nice but the movable thigh support never felt 'right" for me. The visibility was better than my E90 and the outside mirrors are larger. The doors were heavier being a coupe and the windows rattled and did not feel very solid when shutting the doors. I prefer the layout in the E90 with the door lock/unlock switch on the dash and the window switches on the doors instead of the center console. I like the clean look of the center console on the E90 with just the i-Drive and 2 buttons. The air conditioning vents were larger on the 325ci but it didn' seem to make much difference in distributing the A/C. Overall this was a nice car but I feel the E90 is an improvement in so many ways.

SRFast
07-22-2005, 07:32 PM
yes,

He asks, and it dials, but the same number that successfully connects through the phone alone (or through the car when dialed manually) does not with the car's operator. I get a Verizon wireless message that says to check the number.

I was asking about the volume of the phonecall... sorry... is that adjusted on the phone or the car end?

thanks

One more question: Does this happen to all the numbers you dial via the BT unit? If yes, I would delete the "pairing" and run the pairing again. If you still cannot dial successfully from the BT VR or on-board phone book, I suspect you have a bad BT TCU. It is not generating the DTMF tones properly and the wireless system cannot "interpret" them. When you dial directly from the phone, the phone generates the DTMF tones.

The "phone call" volume is adjusted via the audio systems voulme control, at least it is on my car.

Hope this helps and good luck....JL