PDA

View Full Version : Rear Conti's shot ar 25,000 miles?

GoSlow2GoFast
07-17-2005, 05:25 PM
2004 M3, 19" OEM wheels with OEM Conti's. The fronts look decent, but the inside edges of the two rears are just about used up, just starting to see signs of the cord showing. Center of the tire still has life left in it though. Car has never been hit or damaged, is this type of wear normal on a new M3? I'm not one to be spinning the rears off the line, I prefer to enjoy the cornering of the car. Just trying to get a feel for if the the rear camber could be off, or if this is expected.

e36M3r
07-17-2005, 05:39 PM
You must be real easy on them... I would get 15-18K on my e36, haven't got that far on the e46. Yes, definitely the rears wear out first.

bren
07-17-2005, 07:17 PM
You're driving around with cord showing on your tires? :eek:

Stuka
07-17-2005, 07:36 PM
2004 M3, 19" OEM wheels with OEM Conti's. The fronts look decent, but the inside edges of the two rears are just about used up, just starting to see signs of the cord showing. Center of the tire still has life left in it though. Car has never been hit or damaged, is this type of wear normal on a new M3? I'm not one to be spinning the rears off the line, I prefer to enjoy the cornering of the car. Just trying to get a feel for if the the rear camber could be off, or if this is expected.

When I had mine, the rear lasted about 10K on a good set, 8K sometimes.

But, that included some track time and some sideways action.

Bottom line, 25K is more than reasonable.

GoSlow2GoFast
07-17-2005, 07:52 PM
You're driving around with cord showing on your tires? :eek:

It's just a small line a couple of inches long, and thin like the line from a pencil. I just noticed it today, and they will be getting replaced this week. I just wanted to see if the inner wear patter was typical.

jayf
07-18-2005, 06:04 AM
I get about 18000 on my rears and twice that on my fronts. There is no uneven wear. I did not have uneven wear though. You probably have an alignment problem which should be checked.