PDA

View Full Version : rims and tires feeler

muccels
07-17-2005, 10:36 PM
I wanted to get some opinions about selling the rims off my new M3 I will be getting. Its off the comp package m3. I don't have the car yet and it may be a month or so. So I was wondering what I could ask price wise for them? And is there a market for those rims? I think the rims do look really good but I would like some aftermarket rims. I wanted to ask here before putting up a feeler on the classified section. Thank in advance for any replys..

machmeter
07-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Pics, dimensions?

muccels
07-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Here is how they describe them..
M Cross Spoke forged lightweight alloy wheels, 19 x 8.0 front, 19 x 9.5 rear; 225/40R-19 front and 255/35R-19 rear performance tires.
Here is a link that shows the rims on the M3..
http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/F92E4F82-9458-436A-BEA6-FC46D98369FA/0/M3_Compt_Pkg_.pdf

spta97
07-18-2005, 07:28 AM
I always use eBay as the litmus test. Check out this link:

CSL Rims (http://search.ebay.com/csl-rims_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ2FPostalQQftrtZ1 QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1)

I don't think you'll have a problem selling them at all. People love those rims and would probably get an OEM set over replica if the price was right.

Let me ask though, what was it about the ZCP package that you wanted? My reasons were for the Interlagos Blue and the rims.

TD330ci
07-18-2005, 08:00 AM
I always use eBay as the litmus test. Check out this link:

CSL Rims (http://search.ebay.com/csl-rims_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ2FPostalQQftrtZ1 QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1)

I don't think you'll have a problem selling them at all. People love those rims and would probably get an OEM set over replica if the price was right.

Let me ask though, what was it about the ZCP package that you wanted? My reasons were for the Interlagos Blue and the rims.

Ditto. Same for me.

bren
07-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Sure you'll be able to sell them but you aren't going to recoup the $4k you spent on them :tsk:

muccels
07-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Yeah I wanted the blue but somehow I talked myself into the silver grey metalic which is what I wanted initially. I like the blue but if it was the lemans blue it would have not been a second thought. I had only seen pics of the blue and maybe a bit too purple. Its hard to say when your only seeing pics.The pricing the salesman gave me was pretty good and gave me more off if I went with the comp package then with just the prem package. I won't have alot of extra funds after I get the car to do many upgrades. I figure the comp package can hold me off awhile till I get extra money.

TD330ci
07-18-2005, 08:53 AM
Sure you'll be able to sell them but you aren't going to recoup the $4k you spent on them :tsk:

As if the 4K is only for the rims. You spent 1800 on yours bren. :p

bren
07-18-2005, 09:48 AM
As if the 4K is only for the rims. You spent 1800 on yours bren. :p
Ugh.

Technic
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I wanted to get some opinions about selling the rims off my new M3 I will be getting. Its off the comp package m3. I don't have the car yet and it may be a month or so. So I was wondering what I could ask price wise for them? And is there a market for those rims? I think the rims do look really good but I would like some aftermarket rims. I wanted to ask here before putting up a feeler on the classified section. Thank in advance for any replys..

Tires and wheels (right off your delivery): $2600.00 if Contis, $2700.00 if PS2 :thumbup:

spta97
07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah I wanted the blue but somehow I talked myself into the silver grey metalic which is what I wanted initially. I like the blue but if it was the lemans blue it would have not been a second thought. I had only seen pics of the blue and maybe a bit too purple. Its hard to say when your only seeing pics.The pricing the salesman gave me was pretty good and gave me more off if I went with the comp package then with just the prem package. I won't have alot of extra funds after I get the car to do many upgrades. I figure the comp package can hold me off awhile till I get extra money.

Yea, I was going to get the silver gray at first but really liked the pics of the IB. I hope I like it in person because I have never seen it :eeps:

TJS///M3
07-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Yea, I was going to get the silver gray at first but really liked the pics of the IB. I hope I like it in person because I have never seen it :eeps:

You havent seen ILB in person before ordering it? :yikes: You are pretty brave.

spta97
07-19-2005, 05:54 AM
You havent seen ILB in person before ordering it? :yikes: You are pretty brave.

Or pretty stupid :eeps:

I've seen a bunch of pictures on line as well as the descriptions of how it changes color from bluish to purpleish (which sounds really cool). I really wanted to have a unique M3 (although probably 50,000 people have the same color :rolleyes: ) and the IB seemed like a good way to go.

No dealers in my area had any to look at so I just through caution into the wind and went for it. We'll see how it turns out!

TJS///M3
07-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Or pretty stupid :eeps:

I've seen a bunch of pictures on line as well as the descriptions of how it changes color from bluish to purpleish (which sounds really cool). I really wanted to have a unique M3 (although probably 50,000 people have the same color :rolleyes: ) and the IB seemed like a good way to go.

No dealers in my area had any to look at so I just through caution into the wind and went for it. We'll see how it turns out!

I got to see it a couple times in different light before I ordered mine. Fell in love with it from the second I saw it. If you like most of the BMW blue colors as I do, there is no way you would be disappointed with it.

Whoops.. and apologies for the thread hijack. :angel:

spta97
07-21-2005, 06:41 AM
I got to see it a couple times in different light before I ordered mine. Fell in love with it from the second I saw it. If you like most of the BMW blue colors as I do, there is no way you would be disappointed with it.

Whoops.. and apologies for the thread hijack. :angel:

I don't like the smurf blue, other than that I like the other blues.

Mpire
07-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey, just sell me your rims. I will find a nice home for them on my car. :)

muccels
07-27-2005, 02:36 PM
mpire r u interested in buying these rims

Mpire
07-27-2005, 02:49 PM
New cross spoke? Sure, why not?

What are we talking here? Price wise?

Email me b@bmwmpire.com

LMC
07-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Here is how they describe them..
M Cross Spoke forged lightweight alloy wheels, 19 x 8.0 front, 19 x 9.5 rear; 225/40R-19 front and 255/35R-19 rear performance tires.

I realize that your description is straight from BMWNA and I'm sure you do not mean to deceive anyone. I suspect that BMWNA does not mean to intentionally deceive anyone, although I'm sure they've been contacted regarding their description of these wheels.

Anyway, the wheels are not forged. Not that they're not very fine wheels, mind you. :)

thenobot
07-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Anyway, the wheels are not forged. Not that they're not very fine wheels, mind you. :)
Can you point us to the source of your information?