PDA

View Full Version : Logic & Equalizer settings ...

amcar
07-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Has anyone played around with the equalizer settings ? Doesn't seem much we can do. Can someone post pics of optimum settings (for diff kinds of music) ?
Sitting in the drivers seat I get the feeling that most sound is oming from the left side even though balance and fader are at 0. Any thoughts ?

MarcusSDCA
07-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Your ears are closer to the left side so you might want to adjust one or two clicks over to the right side on balance. I always mess around with balance/fader until my ears like what they hear.

The equalizer is great for fine tuning the ranges you like to hear or suppress. Voice is a midrange sound so if you're listening to a strong vocal album you can jack up the mid ranges. Now I listen to a variety of music and I don't constantly adjust the eq....that said I jack up the midrange the most and the others less...then I leave it that way until I get bored with it. (I had the same L7 in my E60)

If you can find a copy of "Jagged Little Pill" (the original recording) by Alanis Morrisette go to the last track and when the song is finished wait about a minute for the secret a capella song she does. Set the L7 for concert hall (mine is always set there) and play with the eq. THIS is what you paid all that money for.

upandown
07-19-2005, 10:10 PM
I know what $1200 will purchase in a Class A sound system.
No way the upgrade can approach it.

Try an Ipod and Shure e-5's.