PDA

View Full Version : Buying new M3 need help

Wolfdog
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM
I am looking at a 1999 M3, I am worried about the dash lights and if they are all correct. I was wondering how to test the dash lights. Is there a way to hold somthing down to make them all light up? Also if anyone can, do you have a picture of what the dash should look like?

BMW_Brand
07-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Well I know that for the E46, with the engine off, you can hold down the trip reset, turn the key to ON, then use the trip button to select menu option 2.0, which will turn on all the dash lights and made the needles sweep so that you can verify everything is working.

Not sure if this applies to the E36 as well though... :dunno:

Pinecone
07-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Uuh, all the dash lights normally come on when you turn the swtich to Position 2 (run) but without the car running.

Wolfdog
07-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Uuh, all the dash lights normally come on when you turn the swtich to Position 2 (run) but without the car running.

Thats what I thought also, I knew there was somthing wrong when they didnt. I actually turned down the car because it also needed new rotors, water pump, wind shield has cracks in it and the sales man would not go below $19000 inspite of all this. This just adds another reason because I think the check engine light was probably supposed to be on, but someone disabled it.